Launched in 2009 as a way to keep track of all my mom’s festive traditions, recipes, and ways to celebrate holidays, (she passed away from cancer when I was 15), So Festive! is now a quickly growing blog dedicated to showing you how to celebrate simply.
Check out these popular posts to get an idea of how So Festive will help you celebrate simply:
- Simple Holiday Ideas: Sweet & Simple 12 Days of Christmas
- Simple Birthday Ideas: The Cutest Birthday Interview
- Simple Party Food: The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Simple Gift Ideas: Hospital Survival Kit for New Moms and Dads
What will you see on So Festive!?
- Holiday and tradition ideas you can start with your family. That’s where the memories lie, people!
- Favorite secret recipes that aren’t so much a secret. Think food that is perfect for parties or other gatherings.
- Easy tutorials for DIY all things party and holiday.
- Tips for throwing parties without all the stress.
- Real parties that don’t cost a fortune or take months to plan.
- Free printables. Gotta love free stuff.
- Ideas just for kids.
In short, if you love to celebrate, you’ve come to the right place!
In the past, our content has been featured on sites like Apartment Therapy, Small Fry, Oh So Deliciouso, Bright, Bold, and Beautiful, and Or So She Says , and continue to reach party and holiday lovers around the world.
Ready to party with us? You can sign up for our newsletter here to get holiday reminders, party tips, and more. You can also follow So Festive! on Instagram.
So, who is behind So Festive!?
Glad you asked! This is me–Melissa Sunday! I’m currently living just north of Salt Lake City, UT, with my husband and 2 (soon to be 3) adorable children. Besides celebrating even the littlest things, I love gelato, European chocolate, bike-riding, traveling the world, and taking pictures. For the record, I always choose planning parties over mopping the kitchen floor.
I get my brown hair, big cheeks, and passion to celebrate from my mom, Marilyn, who was the most festive person. Ever. Living on a limited income to support a family of 9 didn’t stop her from making every holiday and celebration festive. Like the time she gave us kids 29 nickels for Leap Year. She really should be the one writing this blog.
4 Things You Should Know About Her:
1 | She wasn’t afraid to turn up Kenny G’s holiday album full blast. Even before Thanksgiving.
2 | Our friends didn’t come to hang out with us, they came to party with her. And her original 1960’s Barbie Game.
3 | She always had a secret stash of M&Ms.
4 | Her favorite late night treat was popcorn and grape juice. A perfect combo.
Meet the Team!
So Festive! is lucky to have these awesome contributors who love to celebrate life just as much as you do!
Andrea Nelson: So Festive! For Kids
Andrea currently lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She loves food, family, holidays, friends, crafting, thrifting, decorating, gift giving, and spending time with her three wild and crazy, but totally adorable boys. Since becoming a mom, she’s found how much richer life is when you take the time to slow down and celebrate even the little things with those you love.
You’ll love her easy, real, and creative ideas. Seriously. Every child would be lucky to have a mom like her.