The only Muddy Buddy recipe you need! The perfect combination of Chex cereal, peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar.
Chex Mix Muddy Buddies
There's something undeniably magical about the combination of crunchy cereal, velvety chocolate, and a dusting of powdered sugar.
This classic treat, also known as Puppy Chow Muddy Buddies, is not only easy to make but also a crowd-pleaser at any gathering.
You can be indulging in this delicious treat in about 5 minutes. And since there is no need to heat up your stove to make this Muddy Buddies Puppy Chow recipe, it's also an easy recipe kids can make.
Chex muddy buddies are perfect for:
- Rice Chex (you can also use Corn, Wheat, or Peanut Butter Chex cereal or a mix, but we prefer Rice)
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
How To Make Muddy Buddies
- Measure out 9 cups Rice Chex cereal. (You can use any type of Chex cereal, but we prefer Rice.) Set it in a large mixing bowl. Feel free to mix and match different Chex varieties for added texture and flavor.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter, and unsalted butter. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth, stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the Chex cereal, making sure to coat each piece evenly. Use a spatula to gently fold and mix until all the cereal is covered in the decadent chocolate blend.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add the powdered sugar. Transfer the chocolate-coated Chex cereal into the bag, seal it tightly, and shake until every piece is generously coated with the powdered sugar.
- Spread the homemade snack mix onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool and set. Allow them to rest for at least 30 minutes, allowing the chocolate to harden.
- Once the Chex Muddy Buddies are set, transfer them to an airtight container for storage. They can be stored at room temperature for up to a week, although it's doubtful they'll last that long!
How To Store Muddy Buddies
Store Chex mix Muddy Buddies in an air-tight container for up to a few days. However, it always taste the best when eaten right after making it or fresh on the first day.
More Treat Recipes You Will Love
Please leave a 5-Star Rating!
After you make this recipe, will you pretty please leave a 5-star rating? This will help others find this amazing recipe! Thanks SO much! ♡