Planning a tea party and wondering how to set up the table for a tea party? Here's all the proper steps to take to ensure your table is ready for your tea party.
Tea Party Table Set Up
Hosting a tea party is a fun event for girls of all ages! Knowing the proper way to set your table for tea is will come in handy for your next tea party!
Whether you are hosting a tea party for adults or little girls, or planning at tea party baby shower, these tips will show you how to set a table for a tea party.
Setting the table for a tea party requires attention to detail and a focus on elegance and sophistication. Here are the steps to follow for setting a proper tea party table:
1. Start with a tablecloth.
Choose a tablecloth that complements the color scheme of your tea party. A white or pastel-colored cloth is traditional for a tea party, but you can also use a patterned cloth if it fits your theme.
2. Add placemats.
Place a placemat at each seat for a clean and polished look. If you don't have enough fabric placemats for all of your guests, you can use large scrapbooking paper or inexpensive paper placemats like these.
CLICK ON IMAGE TO SHOP:
3. Lay out the tea set.
Place the teapot, cups and saucers, creamer and sugar bowl, and any other serving pieces on the table. Be sure to have enough cups and saucers for each guest.
4. Add the utensils.
Place a teaspoon on the saucer next to each cup. If you’re serving food, add a small fork and knife to each place setting.
5. Add the napkins.
Fold the napkins and place them on top of each plate. You can also place them on the left side of the plate.
HOW TO FOLD A NAPKIN FOR A TEA PARTY:
- Start with a clean, pressed napkin that is about 18 inches square.
- Fold the napkin in half diagonally to form a triangle.
- Take the bottom corner of the triangle and fold it up to the top corner, creating a smaller triangle.
- Take the left and right corners of the triangle and fold them in towards the center, forming a diamond shape.
- Fold the bottom corner of the diamond up about two-thirds of the way towards the top corner.
- Fold the top corner of the diamond down to meet the bottom edge, creating a smaller diamond shape.
- Take the left and right corners of the diamond and fold them in towards the center, creating a narrower diamond shape.
- Finally, turn the napkin over and tuck the top and bottom corners into the pockets on the back of the napkin to create a neat, finished look.
6. Don't forget a centerpiece.
A floral arrangement or a decorative piece can serve as a beautiful centerpiece for your tea party table.
7. Add the final touches.
Add any final touches such as place cards, small favors, or other decorations. Little details go a long way in making your tea party extra special.
A Few More Tips
Try to keep the table uncluttered so that there is plenty of room for tea cups and the food!
Now you know how to set the table the proper way for a tea party! Next comes the fun part: what to eat at a tea party! Check out this post for tons of inspiration!