Looking for a delicious pumpkin waffle recipe? Look no further. This is our very favorite recipe that is easy, yummy, and requires only basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen!
Homemade Pumpkin Waffle Recipe
Oh, don't you just love a big breakfast sometimes? It's always nice to take a break from toast, granola, and overnight steel cut oats once in while and enjoy something extra delicious.
My kids would choose to have overnight sticky buns or cinnamon rolls every morning if I let them, but they are also huge fans of these pumpkin waffles! And when fall comes around, there is not such a thing as eating too many pumpkin recipes.
I love that these waffles are easy to make
Making pumpkin waffles or pumpkin pancake recipe is easy and you'll just need a few basic pantry ingredients.
- whole wheat flour
- white flour
- brown sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- allspice or pumpkin pie spice (see notes)
- buttermilk or buttermilk substitute (see notes)
- pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- olive oil
How to make pumpkin waffles
To make pumpkin waffles, first combine all the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
Next, you'll stir in the wet ingredients and mix well until you have a smooth batter. The pumpkin waffle recipe calls for 1 cup buttermilk, but you'll probably want to add more milk to the batter since the batter thickens up the longer it sits.
If you run out of buttermilk, you can use regular milk to thin down the pumpkin pancake batter.
Cook on a hot griddle or hot waffle iron. We love using this belgian waffle iron.
What to serve with pumpkin waffles or pumpkin pancakes
The easiest topping for pumpkin waffles is pure maple syrup. We love to buy a big bottle at Costco since it's the most affordable option we've found.
However, if I'm feeling extra ambitious, I'll whip up a batch of this homemade buttermilk syrup. My kids love this stuff.
Fresh banana and whipped cream are also a great addition to top you pumpkin waffles with.
Pumpkin chocolate chip waffles
Easily turn the best pumpkin waffle recipe into pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes or waffles by dumping in ½-1 cup of chocolate chips right before you cook them.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!Print
Our Very Favorite Pumpkin Waffle Recipe
Delicious pumpkin pancake or waffle recipe that you'll want to make each Fall.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup white flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. allspice or pumpkin pie spice (see notes for alternative)
- 1 cup buttermilk (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Next stir in buttermilk, eggs, pumpkin puree, olive oil and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- If the batter is too thick, add more milk. You want a pourable consistency as the batter will continue to thicken up.
- Pour the batter on a hot griddle for pancakes or a hot waffle iron for pumpkin waffles.
- Serve with fresh maple syrup or buttermilk syrup, and fresh whip cream.
- If you do not have pumpkin pie spice on hand, you can use ½ tsp. ginger plus ½ tsp. nutmeg instead.
- To make your own buttermilk, add 1 Tbsp. white vinegar to 1 cup milk. Let it froth/thicken up for a minute or so before adding into the recipe.
Let us know what you think!