Get ready for some fun at The Crazy Cafe-where you don't know what food you're going to get! This April Fools Day tradition is sure to become a family favorite!
What is the Crazy Cafe?
Eating at the Crazy Cafe is an experience like no other! Each menu item has a crazy name attached to it.
That means no one knows what they are going to get!
You can attach any item to any name. And be sure to include fork, spoon, and knife, and napkin, too!
This April Fools Day tradition is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Choose foods your family loves and will eat.
The crazy thing is they might get a fork with water and a spoon with noodles. It's all fair game!
How To Do A Mystery Dinner
- Choose 9 food items. Be sure to include utensils in the 9 items. Assign those foods to a number on the menu. Fill in the key so you don't forget. And keep this a secret.
- Print off Crazy Cafe menus. You'll need 1 for each person.
- Have everyone sit at the table. Pass out menus. Each person will choose which items will go in which course. While everyone is filling out their menus, they can color them too!
- Start with the appetizer. Serve everyone's appetizer items first. As soon as everyone is done, clear away those items. Repeat with main dish and dessert.
- Have fun eating a mixed up dinner or other meal!
April Fools Day Food Ideas
Here's a sample menu to give you some ideas! We did this for breakfast last year and this is what we had:
- mini bagels
- chocolate milk
- mini orange