Looking for Bible scriptures about love? Here's a roundup of the most popular verses about love you'll find inspiring, plus a free printable at the end of the post!
Scriptures about love
With Valentine's Day approaching, LOVE is in the air! Many are focused on how we can show love to our spouses, children, friends, and extended family. However, love can be shared all year round!
We have rounded up all the best scriptures about love in the Bible that will inspire anyone to show this love year round.
After all, God is love, so it is only obvious that there are many scriptures that talk about this love.
We've rounded up the most popular verses about love one another and more.
7 SCRIPTURES ABOUT LOVE IN THE BIBLE
One of the most popular love scriptures in the Bible. This God scripture about love is one of the most well known.
- "If ye love me, keep my commandments"- John 15:14
- "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16
Scriptures about love one another
- But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you. - Matthew 5:44
- "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." - John 15:12
- "For God have not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7 KJV
Scriptures about love and forgiveness
- "Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven" - Luke 6:37
- "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." - Ephesians 4:32
Love scriptures King James Version
Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace, and the God of love and peace shall be with you.2 Corinthians 13:11
Short bible verses about love
- Let brotherly love continue. - Hebrews 13:1
5 Scriptures about love and marriage:
- "Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." - Colossians 3:19 KJV
- "And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all they strength, and with all thy mind, and thy neighbor as thyself."- Luke 10:27
- "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself."- Ephesians 5:28
- Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;- Ephesians 5:25
- “Thou shalt love thy wife with all thy heart, and shalt cleave unto her and none else” -Doctrine & Covenants 42:22
14 LOVE SCRIPTURES FROM BOOK OF MORMON
While we are talking about scriptures about love, there is another book of scripture that you'll love, too! The Book of Mormon, Another Testament of Jesus Christ, is my all-time favorite book.
Get a free copy of The Book of Mormon right here or contact me and I'll send you a free copy, no strings attached. This book has given me so much peace and comfort in my life and I'd love for you to have it, too.
LDS Scriptures about love
"The righteous love the truth and are not shaken."2nd Nephi 9:40
"Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men."3 Nephi 31:20
"And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.Mosiah 18:21
Thus did Alma teach his people, that every man should love his neighbor as himself, that there should be no among them.Mosiah 23:15
"...when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God;Alma 37:37
"Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness.Alma 38:12
And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.3 Nephi 25:6
But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever; and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him.Moroni 7:47
I fear not what man can do; for perfect love casteth out all fear.Moroni 8:16
And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.Moroni 10:4
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.Moroni 10:32
Wherefore, I give unto them a commandment, saying thus: Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy might, mind, and strength; and in the name of Jesus Christ thou shalt serve him.Doctrine & Covenants 59:5
For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts.Doctrine & Covenants 137:9
Get this free scriptures about love printable from our shop here! It's designed as a fill-in-the-blank so that you can do a scripture study with these verses about love.
Let us know what you think!