This super fun party game played with dollar bills is great for all ages! Since there is no prep required, it's an easy party game for any occasion!
The Dollar Bill Game
Are you looking for a big group party game? The dollar game for parties will be a hit for everyone!
You can never go wrong with these minute to win it games, but if you want to switch things up, add this party game to the mix!
In fact, what is fun about this dollar bill game is that you can play other games or activities while you are playing this game.
That means it is a fun game for even those people who don't normally like playing party games.
This is the fun party game that pays to play!
When To Play This Party Game
This easy party game is honestly great for any occasion! We usually play it holiday parties, but it's great any time of the year.
- New Year's Eve
- Christmas party games
- Birthday party games
- Family Reunions
- At a Classroom holiday party
- Youth group activities
- Church group games
- $1 bill for each person
- 1 paper clip or clothespin for each person (enough for each person)
How To Play Dollar Game
- Before the game begins, have each person attach a $1 bill to their shirt or sleeve with a paper clip.
- As a group, decide on one word that is off limits for the duration of the party or certain time limit. For example, if you are playing this fun party game on New Year's Eve, you could choose one word that is off-limits each hour leading up to midnight. Or you could choose one word that cannot be said for the entire party.
- Announce to the group the off-limit word and that the game is starting
- At any point during the time limit, if anyone hears someone saying the off-limit word, they get the dollar bill that is attached to the person that said the word. They then wear the dollar bill.
- At the end of the night, whatever money you are wearing is what you get to keep.
Ideas For Words That Are Off Limits
You only need to choose one word that if off limits for the night, but here are some of the words we've used while playing this dollar party game.
Alternatively, you could choose an action that is off limits such as:
- touching your face
- touching your hair
Have everyone bring their own dollar bill game or be sure to have a stash of $1 bills in case someone forgets.
If you are playing this at a class party, give everyone a pretend dollar bill or a slip of paper. Have the person who wins turn their slips or fake money in for a prize at the end.
When Does The Dollar Bill Game End?
You decide when the end of the game should be. It can be the end of the night or designate a certain time to stop the game.
What happens if someone is wearing more than $1?
You get to keep ALL the money that anyone is wearing if you hear them say the off-limit word.
When you hear someone saying the off-limit word, they give you the money they are wearing. You then attach it to the money you have collected.
Yes! They take whatever money is on the person who said the word.
You can still play! You just listen for someone else to say the off-limit word and then you are back in the game!
The first person to hear the word gets the cash!
More Fun Party Games
Have a blast playing!
Pin this for later!