The best sugar cookies ever…plus no rolling out or cutting required!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup canola oil (or neutral flavored oil)
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar for pressing the cookies
- 3/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. cream or milk
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream the butter, oil, white sugar and powered sugar together until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda evenly across mixture. Mix. Then add eggs, sour cream, vanilla and stir another 1-2 minutes.
- Finally add the white flour and mix until no wet streaks remain. Do not overmix.
- Use a large cookie scoop (about 3 Tbsp. in size) to scoop out dough. Place on cookie sheet. Spray the bottom of a cup with cooking spray and then dip into a bowl of granulated sugar. Then press down on the cookie dough ball you just placed on cookie sheet making the cookie about 1/2 inch thick. Repeat until the tray is full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. I bake for 10 minutes and take them out before the edges start to turn brown. The trick is soft cookies, so don’t overbake.
- Let the cookies sit on the tray for a few minutes and then move them to a cookie rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Cream the butter, sour cream, cream or milk and vanilla until light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix until a thick frosting forms. Add more milk or cream until the frosting is thick but spreadable.
- Frost each cookie generously and then add sprinkles.
- You can freeze the formed cookie dough before baking or freeze the completed cookies. Let thaw to room temperature to enjoy.
- Try these cookies chilled…they are so good!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: cookies
Keywords: swig cookies, swig sugar cookies, sugar cookies, frosted sugar cookies