Delicious old-fashioned oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to feed a crowd. Perfect for lunchboxes, after school snacks or party desserts.
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Looking for a delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe? This is a keeper.
In fact, everyone would ask my mom to make these cookies for camping trips, beach trips, after school snacks or Sunday treats. Because along with her famous rainbow jello, English Toffee, and mini tarts, this easy dessert recipe was always a hit!
She called them Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies, but you can call them really good oatmeal cookies. Either way, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have a hearty taste, while still satisfying the sweet cookie taste you’re looking for.
Here’s what ingredients you’ll need for chewy oatmeal cookies:
- butter or margarine
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- oatmeal, blended
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
Making these cookies is very similar to other cookie recipes. Simply cream the butter and sugars together.
Then stir in eggs and vanilla.
Finally, combine all the dry ingredients together and then mix with the wet. Stir in chocolate chips and then you’re ready to bake!
Always check after 10 minutes since some ovens can vary. Be careful not to overbake unless crunchy cookies are what you’re going for.
The best oatmeal cookie recipe will make dozens, so plan to freeze cookie dough or baked cookies for whenever you want a quick treat.
Let thaw for about 30 minutes to 1 hour at room temperature before eating baked cookies.
To bake from frozen, add an extra 1-2 minutes of baking time. Check to ensure they don’t over bake.
Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you prefer oatmeal raisin cookies instead, leave out the chocolate chips and stir in raisins instead!
Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies everyone loves!
- 2 cups butter or margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups blended oatmeal (fine powder)
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 24 oz. chocolate chips or raisins
- In a large stand mixer like Kitchenaid or Bosch, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Mix oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, soda together and then stir into egg mixture.
- Dump in chocolate chips or raisins and stir until mixed through.
- Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a large, greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes. Check after 10 minutes.
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, chocolate chip oatmeal cookies