How to get perfect hard-boiled Easter eggs.
- sauce pan or Instant Pot
- ice bath
- Gently place eggs in the bottom of the saucepan.
- Cover with water so there is about 1 inch of water above the eggs.
- Bring to a rolling boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, remove the pan from heat.
- Let eggs sit for 10-15 minutes. Then place in a large bowl filled with ice or cold water to stop the eggs from cooking.
- Let cool. Store in the fridge or color eggs.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS
- Place 1 cup cold water in the inner pot.
- Place the metal rack that came with your IP on the bottom of the pot. Gently place eggs on top of this rack.
- Put the lid on and turn to sealing position.
- Turn the pressure to high and manually set the timer for 5 minutes. (Press manual button and adjust to 5 minutes).
- After cook time has ended, let the IP naturally release for 5 minutes. Set a timer so you don’t forget. After 5 minutes, move the knob to release to allow the rest of the pressure to release.
- Carefully removed the hot eggs and place in an ice bath (a bowl full of water and ice cubes) and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove from ice bath and place back in the egg carton. Decorate or keep in the fridge until you are ready to dye Easter eggs.
Keywords: boil eggs, boiling Easter eggs, boil eggs in instant pot