The easiest Mud Pie recipe you'll ever find. So simple, but so delicious!
Our Favorite Mud Pie Recipe
Do you need a quick and easy dessert? You will love this mud pie recipe!
In fact, this my birthday cake of choice when I was a little girl since I was not a big fan of cake (even this gourmet chocolate cake with a cake mix).
I know my mom loved that I chose this birthday dessert, too since it would only take 10 minutes from start to finish.
You can prepare this ice cream dessert in advance and pull it out of the freezer whenever you're ready for an easy treat.
- 1 family-size package Oreos
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- homemade hot fudge
- Crush Oreos in a blender, but make sure you don't blend them too fine.
- Stir in melted butter until well-combined and crumbly.
- Press half of the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream onto crust.
- Drizzle hot fudge on top. Make sure your hot fudge is runny, but room temperature so it doesn't melt the ice cream.
- Add remaining crushed Oreo mixture on top of hot fudge.
- Freeze at least 4 hours, but overnight is best.
How To Serve Mud Pie
To serve Mud Pie, pull out of the freezer. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly.
Slice the easy pie into pieces and eat as is.
For extra deliciousness, drizzle homemade hot fudge on top and add strawberries.