How to make hot fudge topping in just a few minutes without cream, baking chocolate, or chocolate chips.
When you’re in a hurry and want hot fudge, this is a perfect go-to chocolate sauce. You don’t need any cream, chocolate chips, or baking chocolate to make this.
How to make hot fudge
You can make homemade hot fudge sauce so easily! Trust me. There is no need to buy Hershey’s chocolate sauce or any other store brand when you have this recipe in your cookbook.
Not only is this a quick chocolate sauce recipe and super easy to make, but it tastes so much better than any chocolate fudge sauce you would buy.
You’ll need just a few basic ingredients to make this hot fudge topping.
- white granulated sugar
- light corn syrup
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- evaporated milk
- vanilla extract
Combine all the ingredients (except vanilla) in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
Once boiling, boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
Remove from the heat and stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla. The hot fudge topping will be runny, but will thicken within a few minutes.
Serve immediately over ice cream or dessert. Or keep the chocolate sauce in a glass air-tight container in the fridge for up to 1 month.
To reheat the this hot fudge recipe, simple place the microwave safe glass container or jar in the microwave. Heat on high in 30 second increments until the sauce is warm and runny.
Hot Fudge Uses
Drizzle this yummy hot fudge sauce over your favorite ice cream, but it’s also good to keep in the fridge for when you are eating:Print
Homemade hot fudge sauce you can make in 5 minutes.
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients except the vanilla in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium/high heat.
- Once boiling, boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Serve over ice cream or your favorite dessert.
- Store the remaining hot fudge in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: hot fudge, homemade hot fudge, chocolate sauce