Taste the rainbow with these adorable and super easy rainbow cupcakes!
You hardly need a recipe for these cute cupcakes especially if you use a box cake mix! But if you have the time, make your own frosting using the recipe below. Homemade frosting is quick to make and tastes so much better than store-bought!
- Cake mix
- blue frosting (see below)
- rainbow striped candies
- gold sprinkles
- mini marshmallows
- Make the cupcakes according to the cake mix directions. Let cool completely.
- Make buttercream frosting or use store-bought frosting. Dye blue.
- Spread the frosting on each cupcake.
- Place the rainbow striped candy into one end of the cupcake and arch it over into the other end, making a rainbow.
- Finally add gold sprinkles, Rolos, and mini marshmallows.
Other Easy Desserts For KidsPrint
- 1 cup salted butter, chilled (let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 3 cups powdered sugar, measured and then sifted
- 1.5–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (use milk if you don’t have on hand)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream the butter for about 2 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the cream and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about 5-7 minutes.
- Before using, use a wooden spoon to mix out the air pockets.
- If you don’t have cream, use regular milk instead. Use half the amount called for and add slowly until the desired thickness.
- Category: frosting
Keywords: buttercream frosting, cupcakes, st. patrick’s day recipes