The best soft sugar cookies! These stay soft, are freezer friendly, and perfect for cut-out cookies!
- 1 lb. margarine (don’t use butter!)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream eggs, margarine, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Refrigerate dough for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll the dough 1/4 inch thick on a powdered-sugar surface and cut into holiday shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. For soft cookies, don’t overbake!
If you plan to freeze the cookies before decorating, be sure to layer with wax paper so the cookies don’t stick together when you remove them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: sugar cookie, valentine's day cookies