Switch? Steal? Or Unwrap? What will it be? This Roll the dice game for gift exchange is a simple and super fun way to exchange gifts! Perfect for Christmas parties, Christmas games with the family, and more!
DICE GAME FOR GIFT EXCHANGE
Are you looking for a really fun Christmas party game to switch presents?
If you want a fun ways to exchange gifts at Christmas, keep reading!
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GIFT EXCHANGE GAME
All you need to play this Yankee Swap game is a dice or two, and the printable game instructions at the end of this post.
Everyone who wants to play should bring their own present to steal or swap, unless you as the host want to provide gifts for everyone.
If you are playing this for an office party, have everyone bring their own gift. Be sure to tell everyone what the dollar limit to spend is so that all presents are equal.
To play this with your family, choose an assortment of dollar store gifts and wrap them up. Then everyone will be surprised as to which gift they get to open after the gift exchange is over.
DICE GAME FOR GIFT EXCHANGE RULES
- Any number of people can play this Christmas dice game.
- Designate how many rounds you will play before the game starts.
- Sit in a circle and have everyone start with the gift they brought.
- The first person rolls the dice. Whatever number they roll is what they do with their gift.
- Continue taking turns until everyone has played.
- Each person keeps the Christmas present they have in their hands when all the rounds are finished.
HOW TO PLAY THIS CHRISTMAS GAME:
So that you don't forget what to do each time someone takes a turn, I recommend printing out the sign and hanging it where you will be playing so that everyone knows the white elephant dice game rules.
- If you roll a 1, you keep your gift.
- If you roll a 2, everyone switches to the right.
- If you roll a 3, everyone switches to the left.
- If you roll a 4, switch with the person directly across from you.
- If you roll a 5, steal any gift you want!
- If you roll a 6, trade gifts with someone wearing red.
CHRISTMAS DICE GAME GIFT IDEAS
Now for game ideas! Before you choose the perfect present to exchange, keep 2 things in mind:
You don't want to show up for this dice roll gift exchange with a silly gift idea if everyone is bringing a gift that's actually awesome.
If you're playing this dice game for Christmas party with kids, some good gift options include:
- coloring books
- theater-box candy
- Christmas books
- art supplies
- dollar store gifts
- Box of cereal