*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Help kids get excited to listen to General Conference with these fun conference bags!
GENERAL CONFERENCE BAGS
Since every member of the First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles will speak at least once during General Conference, you can prepare a small treat or quiet activity that your children will get to open when that person speaks.
Not only does this help our children learn the names of each Apostle, but it keeps them excited throughout the entire session.
Conference Bags are the most requested activity at our house! No matter what other conference activities we do, the Conference Bags always make an appearance.
Our children LOVE this! It has been a great way to keep them excited throughout all the sessions. They will hold up the bags to see which photo matches the Apostle speaking. However, the one downside is that once the treat has been eaten, they tend to lose interest in the speaker. So, just keep that in mind. Having a quiet activity would be a good way to keep them occupied during the duration of the entire talk.
CONFERENCE BAG SUPPLIES:
- craft bags or lunch bags
- Pictures of The First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles (below)
- 15 different snacks, treats, small toys, quiet activities, etc (use fun seasonal treats)
- Basket to put the snack bags in
- Print off the pictures of The First Presidency and Quorum of the 12 Apostles. We only make bags for these church leaders because we know that each of them will speak at least once during the Saturday and Sunday sessions.
- Fill your paper bags with a small snack or treat. It’s best to have a variety, but you don’t need to have 15 different kinds. You’d be surprised at how many different snacks (pretzels, goldfish, crackers, etc) you already have at home. Sometimes I’ll take my children to the store and let them pick out some of the treats. This gets them excited for General Conference! If you have a store that sells bulk candy, that’s the way to go! You can buy just a small quantity of snacks for each bag.
- Attach one picture to each filled snack bag. Staple the bag shut and place all the filled bags into the basket.
During LDS General Conference, when that leader speaks, you get to eat that snack or treat. You could also do this with a simple, quiet activity instead of a treat.
Tip: Make it special! We’ll make a trip to our favorite Trader Joe’s to get some novelty items we don’t usually buy. This is just one way to make conference seem extra special.
OTHER CONFERENCE IDEAS: