Need a simple Halloween game? This fun Halloween Don't Eat Pete game is fun to play and requires essentially no preparation!
DON'T EAT PETE GAME
This is a popular game for so many reasons. Besides printing out the game, there is essentially no prep needed to have this fun party game ready.
Don't Eat Pete is a classic game and perfect for any time of year, but this version is great for as a Halloween party game.
Plus, you can grab the free printable game board at the end of the post!
Use it at a Halloween party, in the classroom to break the ice with new students, or with your family.
HOW TO PLAY HALLOWEEN DON'T EAT PETE
- Print the Don't Eat Pete printable game (get the free download at the end of the post). For best results, laminate this game so you can use it more than one time!
- Have one person go out of the room.
- All the remaining players choose one square that is "Pete".
- Put a small piece of candy on each square, including the one that was chosen as Pete.
- Have the person come back into the room. They start eating the candy.
- As soon as they reach the square that was chosen, all the players yell, "Don't Eat Pete!"
- The person stops eating the candy.
- Another person is chosen to go out of the room.
- Keep playing until everyone has a turn.
WHAT CANDY/FOOD TO USE
The best candy for this game is small candy or food since you'll need a lot of pieces. I recommend:
- Halloween colored M&Ms
- Candy corn
- Oyster crackers
- Goldfish crackers
- Mini marshmallows
There you have it! You are all ready to play this classic game for kids. Just click print to download the free game board. Pick up some small treats and have a blast!
OTHER HALLOWEEN GAMES
Download the free Don't Eat Pete game from our Free Printable Library here. Not a member? Get free access here: