*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Wondering what to do for date night? Here’s the best date ideas in Utah you need to know about.
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF UTAH DATE NIGHT IDEAS
There are over 101 date ideas on this list, so we’ve broken it up into categories so you can easily find your next date idea!
While dinner and a movie is great and all, spice things up with one of these fun date ideas in Utah. We’ve broken the creative date ideas Utah in the following categories:
- Hikes, Trails, Great Outdoors
- Dessert Ideas
- Picnic spots
- Salt Lake City date ideas
- Date ideas Provo
- Service ideas
Tip: Bookmark or pin this page so you can reference it later!
GET THIS FREE DATE BUCKET LIST FROM OUR FREEBIES SECTION. NOT A MEMBER? JOIN HERE FOR FREE.
UTAH DATE IDEAS: HIKES, TRAILS, & OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
- Adams Canyon
- Antelope island
- Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- Bountiful Lake
- Cold Springs Trout Farm
- Corn Mazes (Fall date ideas Utah)
- Donut Falls
- Elephant Rock
- Ensign Peak
- Farmington Pond and Farmington Trail
- Float Ogden or Provo River
- Fruit Heights Hollow Trail (Nichols Road and Main Street)
- Hobbs Trail
- Holbrook Trailhead (aka Temple Rock -overlooks Bountiful Temple)
- Lagoon Trail
- The Living Room Trailhead
- Pumpkin Patch
- Reservoirs: Pine View, Echo Canyon, Jordanelle, Oquirhh Lake, Willard Bay, etc! Utah has so many beautiful lakes in our backyard! Rent some wave runners, kayaks, paddle boards, or just go watch the sunset on the beach!
- USU Botanical Gardens in Kaysville
PERFECT PICNIC LOCATIONS
- Barnes Park (Kaysville)
- Brigham Young Historic Park (SLC)
- Great Salt Lake Park (SLC)
- Layton City Park (Layton)
- Liberty Park (This is where the ferris wheel from Charlie is located!) It also has a beautiful walking path, small lake and more! So charming. )
- Memorial Grove (SLC)
- Mueller Park Trail (Bountiful)
- Salt Flats (be sure to bring your camera! It’s a great place for photos)
- Utah Capitol Hill (especially beautiful in Spring and Fall)
- Visit all the Temples
UTAH DATE IDEAS: CREATIVE DATE IDEAS & ACTIVITIES
- Bountiful Rec Center – swim in the summer, Ice Skate in the Winter
- Bowling (Boondocks, Davis Lanes, Bountiful Bowl)
- Don’t way to pay for actual bowling? Find an alley near you, grab a few empty liter bottles and a ball! Set up your own literal bowling alley! A little bit more creative and unforgettable.
- Chinese and a movie – you see these dates in allll the chick flicks- so try it yourself!
- Fort movie night
- Go golfing or to the driving range
- Mini golfing
- Batting Cages (Boondocks in Kaysville)
- Cherry Hill
- Farmington Station- enjoy dinner, some quality time and the light pond and some shopping!
- Fizz, Sodalicious, Swig
- Centerpoint Theater
- Game night
- Themed night – dress up and get all fancy for each other !
- Drive to Park city for the day
- Utah Olympic state park
- Find a zip line location near you!
- Drive to bear lake for the day! While your there do a Raspberry Shake taste test to determine the true best Raspberry Shake!
- Drive in Movie :Riverdale Motor Vu Drive-In Theatre & Swap Meet
- Grocery scavenger hunt
- Make a meal out of a hat! Cut out six pieces of paper. Write one of the following on each piece of paper: $5 , $3, $2 , main course, appetizer, dessert. In one hat place the papers with the dollar amounts. In another hat place the courses. Then pick one out of each hat at a time. For example, if you pick out $3 and main course- you can only spend 3 dollars figuring out your main course at the store! Sounds cheesy but it is such a fun way to get creative and make something together .
- Support local High School or University by attending an event there! From sporting events, musicals, concerts and more! Cheap, great quality events!
- Progressive dinner- eat an appetizer and one place, main course at another and dessert at a final location!
- Rock Climbing Indoor or Outdoor
UTAH DESSERT PLACES
- Banbury Cross Donuts
- Capo Geleteria Italiana
- Chip Cookies
- Cookies and Cream ice cream from Walmart-great value brand. I’m telling you this is so delicious!
- Crumbl Cookies
- Harmon’s Gelato
- Hatch Chocolates
- Nielsen’s Frozen Custard (Bountiful)
- Nothing Bundt
- Parsons Bakery (Bountiful)
- Rockwell Ice Cream (Bountiful)
- Ruby Snap Cookies
- Sweet Tooth Fairy
- Sweet Rolled Tacos
- Zeppes (Italian Ice)
GREAT RESTAURANTS FOR DATE NIGHT:
Break from the norm and try a new restaurant on your next date. Here’s restaurants for all budgets!
- Blue Iguana
- Bombay House (Indian- SLC and Provo)
- Burger Stop
- Cafe Rio (Fresh Mexican, tons of locations)
- Chick-Fil-A (it’s always a good time for some of this!)
- Chile Tepin
- El Chubasco (Mexican-Park City)
- Gandolfos (Sandwiches)
- Grannie Annies (Breakfast- Kaysville)
- Hu-Hot Mongolian Grill
- J Wong’s
- Mandarin (Local Chinese- Bountiful)
- Market Street (high end)
- Maxwell’s (Park City, SLC)
- Old Grist Mill
- Orlando’s Mexican (Kaysville)
- Porcupine Pub and Grill (near Big Cottonwood Canyon)
- Pretty Birds
- Red Iguana
- Riches Burgers
- Spitz (Mediterrean)
- The Dodo (Amazing desserts-Sugarhouse)
- The Garden (SLC
- The Pi Pizzeria
- The Roof (SLC)
- Twigs (Farmington)
- Vessel Kitchen (Park City, SLC)
- Vitos (Limited open times, check before you go- Bountiful)
SALT LAKE AREA DATE IDEAS
- Temple Square (you can schedule tours of the conference center, family history center or of temple square)
- Ride the scooters around down town SLC
- Bike ride or rent the Green Bikes in SLC for the night
- Walk around Gateway
- Walk City Creek
- Walk Trolley Square
- Hogle Zoo
- Gallivan Center (Ice skating in the winter)
- Bees games are a cheap fun way to see Minor League Baseball (when Covid is gone of course!)
- Salt Lake Trolly tour
- Carriage Ride in the City
- Drive the Avenues!
- Grand America
- Make a reservation at Anniversary Inn (themed rooms)
- Go to a Broadway show or concert at Eccles Theater
- Find a favorite band coming to Vivint, USANA or The Depot!
- Beehive House/Brigham Young house
- Salt City Rollers Segway Tour
- Redwood Drive-in Theatre and Swap Meet
- Top Golf (go in the morning and it’s a lot cheaper )
DATE IDEAS PROVO
- Utah Lake
- Float Provo river
- Vivian Park
- BYU Sporting Event
- Bombay House Indian Restaurant
- Indoor climbing wall
- Movies 8 cheap movie
- Hike the Y
- BYU Creamery
UTAH SERVICE IDEAS
- Serve lunch or dinner at St. Vincent DePaul
- Ronald McDonald House
- Serve at Homeless shelter
- Utah Food Bank
- Go to Justserve.org for many other service ideas!