Wondering what to do for date night? Here’s the best date ideas in Utah you need to know about.
Short on time? Pint this image so you can have quick access for later!
THE ULTIMATE LIST OF UTAH DATE NIGHT IDEAS
There are over 101 good date ideas in Utah on this list, so we’ve broken it up into categories so you can easily find your next date idea!
While dinner and a movie is great and all, spice things up with one of these fun date ideas in Utah. We’ve organized the creative date ideas Utah in the following categories so you can easily find a date idea near you.
And yes! These date ideas during Covid are still possible! Just be sure to double check before you go.
Just click on a link to jump straight to that section! Enjoy!
- THE ULTIMATE LIST OF UTAH DATE NIGHT IDEAS
- BEST UTAH DATE IDEA YOU CAN DO ANYWHERE!
- UTAH DATE IDEAS: HIKES, TRAILS, & OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
- PERFECT PICNIC LOCATIONS
- CREATIVE DATE IDEAS & ACTIVITIES
- UTAH DESSERT PLACES
- GREAT RESTAURANTS FOR DATE NIGHT:
- SALT LAKE AREA DATE IDEAS
- DATE IDEAS PROVO
- UTAH COUNTY DATE IDEAS
- WINTER DATE IDEAS UTAH
- LOGAN UTAH DATE IDEAS
- UTAH SERVICE IDEAS
GET THIS FREE DATE BUCKET LIST FROM OUR FREEBIES SECTION. NOT A MEMBER? JOIN HERE FOR FREE.
BEST UTAH DATE IDEA YOU CAN DO ANYWHERE!
Finder’s Seekers is the ultimate escape room at home date! And I’m not exaggerating when I say this has been the most fun at-home date night we’ve ever done. So I have to mention this one first. I gifted a box to my husband for Valentine’s Day and we had so much fun working on solving this puzzle together!
Finder’s Seekers has monthly subscription options (where you get a new mystery to solve each month) or you can just buy a one-time mystery box. Not only is this great for date night, but family fun!
I was amazed at the detail and thought that goes into each mystery. We worked on our mystery for almost 3 hours, although you could easily split it up into more than one date. We didn’t want to stop!
Each box content varies, but each month there are abundant cryptic clues and puzzles to get your heart racing and brain ticking. You’ll transport to a unique locale for each ‘Find’ where you’ll uncover underground cultures and explore local traditions. You’ll need to rely on good ‘ole fashioned research and online tools to make your way to the ‘Find.’
Ready to have a creative date planned for you? Order this fun date night here. I promise you will love it! Use the code: HALFOFF to save 50% on your first box! That makes it only $15 for a super fun date idea!
UTAH DATE IDEAS: HIKES, TRAILS, & OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
- Adams Canyon
- Antelope island
- Bonneville Shoreline Trail
- Bountiful Lake
- Cold Springs Trout Farm
- Corn Mazes (Fall date ideas Utah)
- Crimson Trail- (Logan Utah date ideas)
- Donut Falls
- Elephant Rock
- Ensign Peak
- Farmington Pond and Farmington Trail
- Float Ogden or Provo River
- Fruit Heights Hollow Trail (Nichols Road and Main Street)
- Hobbs Trail
- Holbrook Trailhead (aka Temple Rock -overlooks Bountiful Temple)
- Lagoon Trail
- The Living Room Trailhead
- Pumpkin Patch
- Reservoirs: Pine View, Echo Canyon, Jordanelle, Oquirhh Lake, Willard Bay, etc! Utah has so many beautiful lakes in our backyard! Rent some wave runners, kayaks, paddle boards, or just go watch the sunset on the beach!
- USU Botanical Gardens in Kaysville
PERFECT PICNIC LOCATIONS
Looking for some free date ideas Utah? Here’s a ton of fun places!
- Barnes Park (Kaysville)
- Brigham Young Historic Park (SLC)
- Great Salt Lake Park (SLC)
- Layton City Park (Layton)
- Liberty Park (This is where the ferris wheel from Charlie is located!) It also has a beautiful walking path, small lake and more! So charming. )
- Memorial Grove (SLC)
- Mueller Park Trail (Bountiful)
- Salt Flats (be sure to bring your camera! It’s a great place for photos)
- Utah Capitol Hill (especially beautiful in Spring and Fall)
- Visit all the Temples
CREATIVE DATE IDEAS & ACTIVITIES
- Bountiful Rec Center – swim in the summer, Ice Skate in the Winter
- Bowling (Boondocks, Davis Lanes, Bountiful Bowl)
- Don’t way to pay for actual bowling? Find an alley near you, grab a few empty liter bottles and a ball! Set up your own literal bowling alley! A little bit more creative and unforgettable.
- Chinese and a movie – you see these dates in allll the chick flicks- so try it yourself!
- Fort movie night
- Go golfing or to the driving range
- Mini golfing
- Batting Cages (Boondocks in Kaysville)
- Cherry Hill
- Farmington Station- enjoy dinner, some quality time and the light pond and some shopping!
- Fizz, Sodalicious, Swig
- Centerpoint Theater
- Game night
- Themed night – dress up and get all fancy for each other !
- Drive to Park city for the day
- Utah Olympic state park
- Find a zip line location near you!
- Drive to bear lake for the day! While your there do a Raspberry Shake taste test to determine the true best Raspberry Shake!
- Drive in Movie :Riverdale Motor Vu Drive-In Theatre & Swap Meet
- Grocery scavenger hunt
- Make a meal out of a hat! Cut out six pieces of paper. Write one of the following on each piece of paper: $5 , $3, $2 , main course, appetizer, dessert. In one hat place the papers with the dollar amounts. In another hat place the courses. Then pick one out of each hat at a time. For example, if you pick out $3 and main course- you can only spend 3 dollars figuring out your main course at the store! Sounds cheesy but it is such a fun way to get creative and make something together .
- Support local High School or University by attending an event there! From sporting events, musicals, concerts and more! Cheap, great quality events!
- Progressive dinner- eat an appetizer and one place, main course at another and dessert at a final location!
- Rock Climbing Indoor or Outdoor
UTAH DESSERT PLACES
- Banbury Cross Donuts
- Capo Geleteria Italiana
- Chip Cookies
- Cookies and Cream ice cream from Walmart-great value brand. I’m telling you this is so delicious!
- Crumbl Cookies
- Harmon’s Gelato
- Hatch Chocolates
- Nielsen’s Frozen Custard (Bountiful)
- Nothing Bundt Cake
- Parsons Bakery (Bountiful)
- Rockwell Ice Cream (Bountiful)
- Ruby Snap Cookies
- Sweet Tooth Fairy
- Sweet Rolled Tacos
- Zeppes (Italian Ice)
GREAT RESTAURANTS FOR DATE NIGHT:
Break from the norm and try a new restaurant on your next date. Here’s restaurants for all budgets!
- Blue Iguana- Mexican
- Bombay House (Indian- SLC and Provo)
- Bruges (Belgian waffles and frites)
- Burger Stop
- Cafe Rio (Fresh Mexican, tons of locations)
- Chick-Fil-A (it’s always a good time for some of this!)
- Chile Tepin
- El Chubasco (Mexican-Park City)
- Five Seeds- delicious brunch and lunch (Park City)
- Gandolfos (Sandwiches)
- Grannie Annies (Breakfast- Kaysville)
- Hu-Hot Mongolian Grill
- J Wong’s
- Mandarin (Local Chinese- Bountiful)
- Market Street (high end)
- Maxwell’s (Park City, SLC)
- Old Grist Mill
- Orlando’s Mexican (Kaysville)
- Porcupine Pub and Grill (near Big Cottonwood Canyon)
- Pretty Birds
- Red Iguana
- Riches Burgers
- Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square
- Spitz (Mediterrean)
- The Dodo (Amazing desserts-Sugarhouse)
- The Garden (SLC
- The Pi Pizzeria
- The Roof (SLC)
- Tres Hombres- Mexican (SLC)
- Twigs (Farmington)
- Vessel Kitchen (Park City, SLC)
- Vitos (Limited open times, check before you go- Bountiful)
SALT LAKE AREA DATE IDEAS
Here’s tons of things to do on a date in Salt Lake City!
- Temple Square (you can schedule tours of the conference center, family history center or of temple square)
- Ride the scooters around down town SLC
- Bike ride or rent the Green Bikes in SLC for the night
- Walk around Gateway
- Walk City Creek
- Walk Trolley Square
- Hogle Zoo
- Gallivan Center (Ice skating in the winter)
- Bees games are a cheap fun way to see Minor League Baseball (when Covid is gone of course!)
- Salt Lake Trolley tour
- Carriage Ride in the City
- Drive the Avenues!
- Grand America
- Make a reservation at Anniversary Inn (themed rooms)
- Go to a Broadway show or concert at Eccles Theater
- Find a favorite band coming to Vivint, USANA or The Depot!
- Beehive House/Brigham Young house
- Salt City Rollers Segway Tour
- Redwood Drive-in Theatre and Swap Meet
- Top Golf (go in the morning and it’s a lot cheaper )
- Go to a U of U Gymnastics meet
DATE IDEAS PROVO
Need some Provo dates ideas? Here’s some fun ones:
- Utah Lake
- Take a Provo River cruise
- Visit beautiful Sundance
- Have a bonfire at Vivian Park
- Attend a BYU Sporting Event
- Eat Indian food at the Bombay House
- Go climbing at The Quarry Indoor climbing wall
- Take a hike on Y mountain
- Get famous ice cream at the BYU Creamery
UTAH COUNTY DATE IDEAS
Here’s fun things to do in Utah County!
- Take Provo River Cruise
- Hike the Y
- See a play at the Covey Center For the Arts
- Visit tulips, farm, or museum at Thanksgiving Point
- Make your own soap together at the Soap Factory
- Go to BYU art museum (Free)
- Go inside Timpanogos Cave
- Bike along Provo river to Bridal Veil Falls
- Hike Mount Timpanogos
- Look at the art at the Provo Art Stroll
- Take a ride on the Heber Valley Railroad
- U-Pick Santaquin Canyon Orchard Company – pick fruit and flowers Spring to October
WINTER DATE IDEAS UTAH
- Go sledding at Soldier Hollow Tubing
- Go ice skating
- Go ice skating at Olympic Oval
- Go to a movie theater
- Go snowshoeing at Snow Basin or another canyon.
LOGAN UTAH DATE IDEAS
- Aggie Ice Cream
- Hike Crimson Trail
- Hike Wind Caves
- Go to a Utah State sporting event
UTAH SERVICE IDEAS
- Serve lunch or dinner at St. Vincent DePaul
- Ronald McDonald House
- Serve at Homeless shelter
- Utah Food Bank
- Go to Justserve.org for many other service ideas!