EASY CAKE MIX COOKIES
Have you ever made Cake Mix cookies?
Cake Mix cookies are all of the craze right now. And for good reason!
They are REALLY good. It isn’t just a crazy fad. After seeing many post about this topic, I had to try it out.
You guys, they are so moist and fluffy! I even went and bought more cake mix to try a different take on it later on.
I used a Pillsbury Vanilla cake mix - but you can use any cake mix you would like. (You can usually find cake mixes on sale for $1 or less.)
I tried the Snickerdoodle version - who doesn’t love a good snickerdoodle.
CAKE MIX COOKIES INGREDIENTS
- Cake mix of your choice
- eggs & oil -follow the instruction on the back of the cake mix for the exact quantities
- Baking sheet
- Optional- add ins like chocolate chips or cinnamon and sugar.
Use this basic recipe for ANY type of cake mix cookie you like. Chocolate, Chocolate with chips, Cherry Chip and more. The possibilities are endless!
For Snickerdoodles, use the basic cake mix cookie recipe. Before baking, roll the dough in a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
DIRECTIONS FOR CAKE MIX COOKIES
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix cake mix, oil and eggs as directed on the cake box.
- Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 Tbsp. sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Remove mixture from the fridge, and roll into small balls.
- Place ball of dough into the cinnamon & sugar mix and coat it until it is covered. Place it on the cookie sheet. (Tip: if the dough becomes gooey or sticky, add flour or pop back into the fridge for a few minutes)
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Honestly these were some of the easiest cookies I’ve ever made and the clean up was the best!
With so few ingredients, this is such a great go-to for any occasion and something you can keep on hand for last minute get-togethers, parties or even a fun activity with the kids!
Let me know what you try with your cake mix cookies!