*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This fun Don’t Eat Pete game is simple, fun to play, and loved by kids!
DON’T EAT PETE GAME
This is a popular game for so many reasons. Besides printing out the game, there is essentially no prep needed to have this fun party game ready.
Don’t Eat Pete is a classic game and perfect for any time of year, but this version is specifically great for Back-to-School time.
Plus, you can grab the free printable game board at the end of the post!
HOW TO PLAY DON’T EAT PETE
- Have one person go out of the room.
- All the remaining players choose one square that is “Pete”.
- Put a small piece of candy on each square, including the one that was chosen as Pete.
- Have the person come back into the room. They start eating the candy.
- As soon as they reach the square that was chosen, all the players yell, “Don’t Eat Pete!”
- The person stops eating the candy.
- Another person is chosen to go out of the room.
- Keep playing until everyone has a turn.
WHAT CANDY/FOOD TO USE
The best candy for this game is small candy or food since you’ll need a lot of pieces. I recommend:
- Plain M&Ms
- Oyster crackers
- Goldfish crackers
There you have it! You are all ready to play this classic game for kids. Just click print to download the free game board. Pick up some small treats and have a blast!
OTHER BACK TO SCHOOL IDEAS
For best results. laminate this game so you can use it more than one time! Have fun!