Simple and delicious cornbread made with whole wheat.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups milk (your choice)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Give a quick stir.
- Add honey, oil, milk, and eggs. Mix gently until there are no dry streaks left. You just want the batter to be moistened.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a toothpick to check. Insert a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, it is done. Let cool or serve warm.
- For muffins, check after 15 minutes.
- Makes 1 9x13 pan, 12 muffins + 9x9 baking dish, or 24 muffins.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: bread
Keywords: cornbread, cornbread muffins, whole wheat cornbread