Kid-approved (and loved!) cornbread made with whole wheat. This recipe can be made into corn bread muffins or a large pan. Perfect for a snack, lunchbox or side dish with your favorite soup!
YUMMY, WHOLE GRAIN CORNBREAD RECIPE
You can make homemade corn bread in a jiffy! There is no need for a Jiffy mix when you have this delicious, whole grain version in your recipe box.
This sweet cornbread is sweet, but not to sweet.
Since there is a healthy amount of whole grains, you can also feel good about indulging in this bread.
HOW TO MAKE CORNBREAD
This cornbread recipe is just as easy as making Jiffy cornbread. Plus, by making it from scratch, you know exactly what is going in it. (Read: no weird preservatives!)
In just 5 minutes, you’ll have this corn bread ready to pop in the oven. Just toss the whole wheat, cornmeal, salt, and baking powder together.
Then stir in milk (we use almond, but any milk will do), eggs, oil, and honey.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 F (if using a large pan) and voila, you’ve got fresh, warm cornbread to eat.
This slightly sweet corn bread is great as-is, plain Jane.
The recipe for this whole grain corn bread will fit perfectly in a 9×13 baking dish. But muffins are also a great option if you want something done quicker.
To make corn bread muffins, scoop the batter into a greased muffin tin. One batch makes about 24 muffins. Feel free to half the recipe if you only need 12.
These muffins freeze well, so I recommend just making the entire batch and saving some for another time.
I use this scoop for all my muffins and cupcakes, including these cornbread muffins to make sure they are all the same size, to ensure even baking.
GET IT HERE: (ALSO A GREAT GIFT!)
SERVE THIS SWEET CORNBREAD WITH:
What are you waiting for? Here’s the yummy the cornbread recipe!Print
Simple and delicious cornbread made with whole wheat.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 cups milk (your choice)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt. Give a quick stir.
- Add honey, oil, milk, and eggs. Mix gently until there are no dry streaks left. You just want the batter to be moistened.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. Use a toothpick to check. Insert a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean, it is done. Let cool or serve warm.
- For muffins, check after 15 minutes.
- Makes 1 9×13 pan, 12 muffins + 9×9 baking dish, or 24 muffins.
- Category: bread
Keywords: cornbread, cornbread muffins, whole wheat cornbread