Delicious buttermilk syrup great for pancakes, waffles, french toast.
- 3/4 cup buttermilk *see notes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup real butter
- 1–2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Add buttermilk, sugar, butter and corn syrup in a large sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tsp. baking soda.
- Make your own buttermilk by combining a ratio of 1 cup milk with 1 Tablespoon vinegar. Let bubble for a few minutes before adding into the recipe.
- Store syrup in the refrigerator up to a month.
- Heat before using again and stir well.
- Category: breakfast
Keywords: buttermilk syrup, syrup