Cake + pumpkin pie meet together in this incredibly easy and delicious alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 yellow cake mix (less 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large can pumpkin pie mix (not just canned pumpkin)- about 3 cups worth
- 1 cup cake mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 1, 9×13 cake pan or 2, 9-inch pie pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix (less 1 cup), flour, egg, and melted butter. Once it’s all combined, press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the entire can of pumpkin pie mix on top of the cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter (not melted) to create a crumb topping. Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin pie layer.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes until the all set up. I usually bake for closer to 75 minutes, with maybe an additional 5 minutes to make sure the pumpkin is really set up well.
- Let cool and eat or keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve warm or cold with fresh whipped cream.
You can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a few days until serving.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie cake