*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Pumpkin pie meets cake! This incredibly easy dessert only takes 10 minutes to prepare. You still get the amazing flavors of pumpkin pie, but with a texture of cake, too. We like this better than pumpkin pie!
MEET THE PUMPKIN PIE CAKE
Move on over pumpkin pie… this pumpkin pie cake takes the cake.
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you! I have always “liked” pumpkin pie, but quite truthfully, some are too mushy or not cooked all the way, or the crust turns soggy.
And by golly, I have yet to make a pretty-looking pumpkin pie, let alone one that doesn’t have burnt crust.
So when my cousin brought this pumpkin pie cake to Thanksgiving a few years ago, it was love at first bite.
Except, as soon as I tasted it, a flood of memories came back as I remember eating this as a little girl. My mom used to make it and I instantly remembered how much I loved it.
I was so happy that this recipe was not lost and forgotten anymore.
THIS PUMPKIN PIE CAKE ONLY TAKES 10 MINUTES TO PREPARE!
Yes, you heard that right! This pumpkin pie will only take you 10 minutes to prepare and then you’ll bake it in the oven for about 70 minutes. It will be done when the pumpkin pie filling is firm.
No pie crust required!
WHAT YOU NEED:
Besides the fact that this “pie” is so yummy, it only requires a few ingredients.
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 large can Pumpkin Pie Mix (not just the canned pumpkin)
- brown sugar
- pie dish
- 9×13 cake pan
2 WAYS TO BAKE THIS DESSERT
When I ate this recipe as a child, we served it straight from a 9×13 cake pan. And there is nothing wrong with that! One recipe will fill a full 9×13 pan. That is definitely a simple option.
But… if you want more a “pie”, then do what I did and bake it in 2, 9-inch pie dishes.
It turned out just as well in the pie dishes and just look how fancy that looks!
In fact, you wouldn’t even have to call this a cake if you bake it in the pie dish.
Don’t forget a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top of each piece!
Well, what are you waiting for? Give this pumpkin pie cake a try. Just like all the other So Festive! recipes I’ve shared here, this one is quick, easy, and delicious!
OTHER PIE RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:Print
Cake + pumpkin pie meet together in this incredibly easy and delicious alternative to the traditional pumpkin pie.
- 1 yellow cake mix (less 1 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 large can pumpkin pie mix (not just canned pumpkin)- about 3 cups worth
- 1 cup cake mix
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 1, 9×13 cake pan or 2, 9-inch pie pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cake mix (less 1 cup), flour, egg, and melted butter. Once it’s all combined, press firmly into the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the entire can of pumpkin pie mix on top of the cake layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix, brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter (not melted) to create a crumb topping. Sprinkle over the top of the pumpkin pie layer.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes until the all set up. I usually bake for closer to 75 minutes, with maybe an additional 5 minutes to make sure the pumpkin is really set up well.
- Let cool and eat or keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Serve warm or cold with fresh whipped cream.
You can make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge for a few days until serving.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pumpkin pie, pumpkin pie cake