easy buttercream frosting that is great for cookies and cakes
- 1 cup salted butter, chilled (let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 3 cups powdered sugar, measured and then sifted
- 1.5–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream the butter for about 2 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the cream and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about 5-7 minutes.
- Before using, use a wooden spoon to mix out the air pockets.
- Add food coloring to color the frosting.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: buttercream frosting, frosting, sugar cookie frosting