*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
In just a few minutes, you can create cute Mummy Cookies for Halloween!
ADORABLE HALLOWEEN MUMMY COOKIES
Are you looking for an easy Halloween treat? Or maybe you want to decorate Halloween cookies, but you don’t want to spend hours decorating cookies?
These fun mummy cookies are so quick to decorate!
I made these for our Monster Mash Halloween Bash and seriously, I had 12 of these decorated in under 5 minutes!
Which means that these cookies are a great option for any Halloween party, classroom party, or just a fun Halloween lunch box idea.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- sugar cookies (store-bought or use our favorite sugar cookie recipe)
- round cookie cutters
- white buttercream frosting
- cake decorating bags for frosting
- flat decorator’s tip
- candy eyes
1) Cut your favorite sugar cookie dough into circles and bake. Let cool.
2) Secure a flat cake decorating tip onto a piping bag. Then fill the bag with your favorite buttercream frosting.
3) Make stripes of frosting onto each cookie in various directions, making a mummy wrapping.
4) Finish by sticking 2 candy eyes on top.
5) Store in an air-tight container up to a few days until you are ready to eat.
I recently tried Cake by Courtney’s buttercream frosting and it was amazing! I altered it a touch, but if you need a good frosting recipe for your mummy cookies, try this one!Print
easy buttercream frosting that is great for cookies and cakes
- 1 cup salted butter, chilled (let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes)
- 3 cups powdered sugar, measured and then sifted
- 1.5–2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream the butter for about 2 minutes until nice and fluffy.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the cream and vanilla and mix on medium speed for about 5-7 minutes.
- Before using, use a wooden spoon to mix out the air pockets.
Keywords: buttercream frosting, frosting, sugar cookie frosting