This adorable Shoe Hanger Advent Calendar is so simple and so practical! You’ll be able to customize it however you like and use it year after year!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
THE EASIEST CHRISTMAS ADVENT CALENDAR
Counting down to Christmas is so fun! Especially if you have little ones at home, waiting for Christmas can seem like a long time….
That’s why a kid-friendly advent calendar makes December more fun for everyone!
This shoe hanger advent calendar is a great way for kids to see just exactly how many days are left until Christmas.
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER ADVENT CALENDAR IDEAS, TOO!
WHAT’S TO LOVE ABOUT THIS ADVENT CALENDAR:
An over-the-door shoe hanger is makes for a perfect Christmas countdown! Why?
- It’s portable! You can place this advent calendar anywhere. You just need a door! Place it in the kitchen, dining room, bedroom, front door, or pantry. Really, anywhere!
- There are exactly 24 pockets. When the pockets are gone, Christmas is here!
- The shoe hanger stores so small! So even if you don’t use it for any other purpose throughout the year, it won’t take up a lot of space to store.
- You can fill the pockets with anything! Wrap up a small treat, toy, scripture, or card with a family activity or service idea. Or fill it up with a combination of all of these!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS SHOE HANGER ADVENT CALENDAR:
- Advent calendar numbers (available here) or in our Christmas Made Easy Kit
- 24-slot shoe hanger
- Mini paper bags
- Small treats, toys, or card with an activity/service for each day
HOW TO MAKE:
1) Print off the modern advent calendar numbers.
2) Fill small bags with treats, toys, card with family activity or service idea or a mix of all of them.
3) Place one bag inside each slot of the shoe hanger. Use a clothespin to secure the number to each slot.
4) Starting December 1, open one bag each to day. When the bags are gone, Christmas is here!
TIPS FOR USING THIS YEAR AFTER YEAR
If you want to use this countdown year after year, there’s a few things you can do to make sure it lasts!
You can laminate the numbers using an inexpensive home laminator. I’ve had my laminator for years now and it’s so handy for projects like these to keep holiday things use-able year after year.
The shoe hanger will roll up very small to place in your Christmas decorations box or use it year-round to organize office supplies, cleaning supplies, or shoes. 🙂
And there you have it!
If you love this idea, pin this for easy reference!