These gourmet rice krispies treats are filled with a delicious caramel center.
- 50 Kraft caramels, unwrapped (the bags are now 35 caramels, so either buy one more bag or just use 35)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
Rice Krispie Layer
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided in half
- 10 cups Rice Krispies, divided in half
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, divided
- Additional 2 cups mini marshmallows to top the caramel layer
- Spray 9 x 13 glass pan with cooking spray or butter.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, microwave the caramels, butter and condensed milk until melted and smooth when stirred.
- In another large bowl, microwave half the butter and half the marshmallows ( 6 tablespoons butter and 4 cups marshmallows) just a minute and stir until melted. Stir in half the cereal (5 cups) and press evenly into the prepared pan.
- Pour on the caramel and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with the additional 2 cups marshmallows and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Use the remaining butter, cereal and marshmallows and repeat the directions.
- Press this layer on top of the marshmallows and caramel layer and return to the freezer for 15 minutes, then chill for a few more hours or overnight.