Take your Rice Krispie Treat game up a notch by making these triple-layer, caramel stuffed Rice Krispie Treats that everyone will love! So easy to make, but so gourmet, these are a hit when you need a quick dessert to feed a crowd.
THE ULTIMATE CARAMEL-STUFFED RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Are you a fan of Rice Krispie Treats? We sure are! Rice Krispie treats are so quick to make and it seems like everyone loves this classic treat.
While the classic rice krispie treat recipe is a winner, today I'm going to tell you how to make triple-layer, caramel stuffed rice krispie treats that are amazing!
These Ultimate Rice Krispie Treats don't take much longer than regular ones to make, but I can promise you everyone's going to love you after you serve these up!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
In addition to a 9x13 pan glass pan and your favorite cooking spray, you'll need:
For the Caramel Layer:
- 35-50 Kraft Caramels
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons butter
For the Rice Krispie Layers (2):
- 12 tablespoons butter, divided in half
- 10 cups Rice Krispies, divided in half
- 8 cups mini marshmallows, divided in half
- additional 2 cups mini marshmallows for middle layer
HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL-STUFFED RICE KRISPIE TREATS
In a glass measuring cup, add the unwrapped caramels, butter, and sweetened condensed milk together. Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Take out every minute to give it a good stir. You may need an additional few minutes of microwave time to make sure everything is melted and smooth.
Set aside and let cool.
In a medium mixing bowl, measure out 5 cups of Rice Krispies cereal. Grease your 9x13 pan. Set aside.
In a sauce pan, melt 6 Tablespoons butter and 4 cups mini marshmallows together. Melt on medium heat, stirring frequently to avoid burning. When there are just a few small marshmallows remaining, remove from the heat and pour over the cereal.
Mix until well combined. Then pour into your greased 9x13 pan. Wet your hands slightly to press the cereal mixture firmly into the pan.
Sprinkle 2 cups mini marshmallows over top this mixture.
By this time, the caramel should be cooled off to the touch. It can still be warm! Pour over top your first layer of Rice Krispie treats.
Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes. However, this step can be done hours earlier and then you can resume step 3 later. You just want to make sure the caramel layer is set up well and that it's firm to the touch.
Melt the remaining butter and marshmallows together. Then pour over the rest of the cereal to make another Rice Krispie treat layer, just like before.
Spread this layer gently on top of the caramel layer and pat down.
Return to the fridge until you are ready to serve.
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- Be sure that the marshmallows you use are fresh. Stale marshmallows will not melt evenly or well at all.
- This recipe calls for 14 oz. (about 50) Kraft caramels. The bags sold now are 11 oz (35 caramels). You can use a bag plus extra from another bag or if you just want to use one bag, they will still turn out delicious.
- Wet your hands sightly when you are pressing the rice krispie layer into the 9x13 pan. This will help you be able to press them down without getting your hands all sticky!
- These don't have to be cold when served, but they are much better that way!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER POPULAR TREATS, TOO!
- Ooey-gooey Special K Treats
- Incredible Indoor S'mores
- Classic Rice Krispie Treats Recipe (and so easy to remember!)
TRIPLE-LAYER CARAMEL STUFFED RICE KRISPIE TREATS RECIPE
Disclaimer: your hands may get sticky when eating. 🙂Print