Wondering what to do over the summer? Create a Summer Bucket List with these printables and over 50 summer activity ideas so you can have your best summer ever!
A FUN SUMMER BUCKET LIST
Summer is coming– if you’re looking for fun things do during summer, look no further! This list has it all!
There’s lots of ways to “do summer”, but for our family, we love making a Summer Bucket List together! My children are young, but they love coming up with ideas and keeping our list posted throughout the summer to not only remind us of what we want to do, but also to see how much we’ve done together!
TIPS FOR CREATING A SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Get your entire family involved! Gather everyone together and brainstorm activities that everyone wants to do this summer. Don’t just think about “fun” things. Incorporate things children want to learn, hard things, or new things you’ve never done before!
- Bucket list activities for your list can include things you know you’ll do already like family reunions, trips, birthdays, 4th of July celebrations, etc.
- Print off the Summer Bucket lists and fill them in with all your ideas.
- Hang them in a place where you will see them often like the kitchen or mudroom.
WHY AN A TO Z SUMMER BUCKET LIST?
In years past, our bucket list has consisted of any and all activities or things we want to try in the summer. Sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming because there are so many options.
This year, we’re sticking to an A to Z Summer Bucket List. We’ve chosen one thing for each letter of the alphabet. This idea was inspired because my children ask weekly to go to the Quick Quack Car Wash. I thought, “Oh that would be such a fun thing to do this summer” and then our A to Z list was born.
I’ve learned that having a flexible plan for our summer is what fits our family. We go crazy if we have no agenda, but we go crazy if we are too structured. So this is a happy medium.
Don’t worry. I have a regular version if you don’t want the A to Z version!
SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS FOR KIDS
Here’s over 75 fun summer activity ideas to help you plan your own A to Z summer! There’s no need to add these all to your summer to do list. Just choose the ones that are fun and practical for your family.
And remember to add some fun summer activities for adults, too! Because you need to have fun, too!
Enjoy these fun summer activities! Let us know what your favorite summer things are so we can add them to this summer list.
- Airplane museum
- Airplane ride
- Go to the beach
- Backyard movie night
- Beach cupcakes
- Host a bike parade and make a balloon arch
- Bird Feeder DIY Craft
- Car wash
- Egg fry on the sidewalk
- Feed the ducks
- Frozen hot chocolate
- Food truck
- Father’s Day
- Go to a new restaurant
- Grill something like Rosemary Ranch Chicken Skewers
- Humanitarian project
- Hotel stay
- Jump park
- Just do it- be spontaneous and just go somewhere or do something
- Kite flying
- Library (new one)
- Lemonade sipping on the porch
- Lemonade stand
- Movie marathon
- Make bird-feeders
- Mud masks
- New skill
- Nature park
- Outdoor Adventure
- Quick Quack Car Wash
- Learn Quidditch
- Dairy Queen
- Road trip
- Rent an RV
- Relay race
- Swim lessons
- Screen-free summer or week or day
- Summer Solstice on June 21 (the longest day of the year)
- Sidewalk chalk
- Trampoline sleep out
- Tent sleepover
- learn to play the Ukelele (I have and love this one!)
- Underwater adventure
- Venture somewhere new
- Science eXperiments
- Hike the Y (Provo, Ut)
- Yellowstone National Park
- Yosemite National Park
- Zzzz in a hammock or blanket outside
- Zion National Park
There you have it! Now you no longer need to wonder what to do this summer!
What other ideas should we add to this list? Leave a comment below with your great ideas!
2 FREE PRINTABLE SUMMER BUCKET LISTS
I’d love to see what you put on your summer bucket list! Tag @sofestive on Instagram so I can check it out!