*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
How and why you should create an A to Z Summer bucket list! Grab the free printable bucket lists plus over 50 summer activity ideas so you can have your best summer yet!
There’s lots of ways to “do summer”, but for our family, we love making a Summer Bucket List together! My children are young, but they love coming up with ideas and keeping our list posted throughout the summer to not only remind us of what we want to do, but also to see how much we’ve done together!
TIPS FOR CREATING A SUMMER BUCKET LIST
- Get your entire family involved! Gather everyone together and brainstorm activities that everyone wants to do this summer. Don’t just think about “fun” things. Incorporate things children want to learn, hard things, or new things you’ve never done before!
- Items for your list can include things you know you’ll do already like family reunions, trips, birthdays, 4th of July celebrations, etc.
- Print off the Summer Bucket lists and fill them in with all your ideas.
- Hang them in a place where you will see them often like the kitchen or mudroom.
WHY AN A TO Z SUMMER BUCKET LIST?
In years past, our bucket list has consisted of any and all activities or things we want to try in the summer. Sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming because there are so many options.
This year, we’re sticking to an A to Z Summer Bucket List. We’ve chosen one thing for each letter of the alphabet. This idea was inspired because my children ask weekly to go to the Quick Quack Car Wash. I thought, “Oh that would be such a fun thing to do this summer” and then our A to Z list was born.
I’ve learned that having a flexible plan for our summer is what fits our family. We go crazy if we have no agenda, but we go crazy if we are too structured. So this is a happy medium.
Don’t worry. I have a regular version if you don’t want the A to Z version!
SUMMER BUCKET LIST IDEAS
Here’s over 75 fun summer activity ideas to help you plan your own A to Z summer!
I share our A to Z Summer adventures over on Instagram. Come say hi! And if you join in, please tag @sofestive so I can see all the fun you’re having!
- Go to the beach
- Backyard movie night
- Beach cupcakes
- Host a bike parade and make a balloon arch
- Car wash
- Dinner en Blanc- All-White Party
- Drive-in movie
- Egg fry on the sidewalk
- Feed the ducks
- Frozen hot chocolate
- Food truck
- Father’s Day
- Go to a new restaurant
- Grill something like Rosemary Ranch Chicken Skewers
- Humanitarian project
- Hotel stay
- Jump park
- Just do it- be spontaneous and just go somewhere or do something
- Kite flying
- Library (new one)
- Lemonade sipping on the porch
- Lemonade stand
- Movie marathon
- Make bird-feeders
- Mud masks
- New skill
- Nature park
- Outdoor Adventure
- Quick Quack Car Wash
- Learn Quidditch
- Dairy Queen
- Road trip
- Rent an RV
- Relay race
- Swim lessons
- Screen-free summer or week or day
- Summer Solstice on June 21 (the longest day of the year)
- Sidewalk chalk
- Trampoline sleep out
- learn to play the Ukelele (I have and love this one!)
- Underwater adventure
- Science eXperiments
- Hike the Y (Provo, Ut)
- Zzzz in a hammock or blanket outside
What other ideas should we add to this list? Leave a comment below with your great ideas!
2 FREE PRINTABLE SUMMER BUCKET LISTS
I’d love to see what you put on your summer bucket list! Tag @sofestive on Instagram so I can check it out!