*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
DIY Maracas are a super simple and super quick Cinco de Mayo craft that kids can make! You’ll only need a few supplies to make these fun maracas!
NEED A SIMPLE CINCO DE MAYO CRAFT?
Celebrating Cinco de Mayo on May 5th is a fun excuse to fiesta with your family or friends! There are so many fun ways to celebrate this holiday (with a nacho bar, cactus party, or 20-minute homemade churros), but this simple maraccas craft is a fun way to involve kids in the celebration!
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS DIY MARACAS CRAFT
- Plastic eggs (leftover Easter works perfect!)
- Plastic spoons
- Washi Tape
- Rice, beans, or popcorn kernels
HOW TO MAKE MARACAS DIY
These maracas craft for preschoolers are so easy for little ones, but fun enough for big kids, too!
- Fill the plastic eggs with dry rice, beans, or popcorn kernels
- Take 2 plastic spoons and place one on each side of the plastic filled egg.
- Using your favorite patterned washi tape, wrap the tape around the egg and spoons about 2-3 times to secure in place.
- Shake! Shake! Shake! Have a blast at your Fiesta with your diy marracas!