Soft and fluffy rolls you can have made in 1 hour!
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 5–6 cups white flour (up to 7)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- Pour really hot water into a large bowl.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Pour melted butter into the bowl. Do a quick whisk.
- Add about 4 cups flour next.
- Crack eggs on top of the flour.
- Put yeast on top of eggs. Whisk a little.
- Add more flour- about 1 cup. Stir. And then add the rest of the flour until just slightly sticky. You can add a little more flour at a time until the dough is still sticky but rollable.
- Spray the counter with cooking spray. Add a little flour if needed.
- Split dough in half. Roll into a large circle and then cut triangles (like pizza slices). Roll into croissant shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- If you plan to freeze, let cool beforehand.
- You can also freeze the dough before baked. When ready to bake, place on a cookie sheet from the freezer and let rise until double in size.