*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. That means if you make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
No-fail, soft white dinner rolls you can have ready from start to finish in hour! Perfect for family dinners and holidays.
Do you love a good, soft homemade dinner roll? But don’t want to spend half a day in the kitchen to make them?
Good news! This fluffy dinner roll recipe will become your new favorite!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THESE DINNER ROLLS
- Start to finish, these soft dinner rolls only take one hour. Yes! One hour!
- You can easily double the batch and freeze them to eat later. If they last that long.
- You don’t have to wait for the yeast to rise twice!
- They are soft and fluffy.
Did I mention they are no-fail? Thanks to my amazing sister for teaching me this new way of making rolls. Usually when I make our favorite fairy rolls, (which are also really amazing), I add the yeast in first and let that bubble a few minutes before I add the other ingredients.
With this soft roll recipe, you’ll actually add the yeast in towards the end–meaning that the yeast won’t get killed if your water is too hot. That has happened too many times for me to count.
HOW TO GET THE ROLLS UNIFORM IN SIZE
To get the rolls uniform in size, split the dough in half. Roll out one half into a round circle. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles, as if you were cutting a pizza. To form each roll, start at the large end of the triangle and roll until you get to the short end.
WHAT BAKING SHEETS TO USE
My all-time favorite baking sheets are these Nordic Ware Half Baking Sheets. I’ve had mine for 10 years now and they are still in great shape. I feel like they bake rolls and cookies so evenly.
These amazing white rolls are good as-is, but if you want to take them from amazing to really amazing, try this garlic parmesan topping. Once you have cut the rolls and formed them into croissants, dip them into melted butter with minced garlic, shredded parmesan cheese, and some Italian seasoning. Place on the baking sheet and bake.
Be prepared to get major compliments.
THESE ROLLS PAIR PERFECTLY WITH:
- Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
- Quick Teriyaki Chicken Bowtie Pasta Salad
- Spinach Tortellini Salad
- Wild Rice Chicken Soup
Well, enough talking. Here’s the recipe. I’d love to hear how you like them! Leave a comment below! xo!
Pin this for easy access later!
NO-FAIL SOFT DINNER ROLL RECIPEPrint
Soft and fluffy rolls you can have made in 1 hour!
- 2 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 5–6 cups white flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. yeast
- Pour really hot water into a large bowl.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Pour melted butter into the bowl. Do a quick whisk.
- Add about 4 cups flour next.
- Crack eggs on top of the flour.
- Put yeast on top of eggs. Whisk a little.
- Add more flour- about 1 cup. Stir. And then add the rest of the flour until just slightly sticky.
- Spray the counter with cooking spray. Add a little flour if needed.
- Split dough in half. Roll into a large circle and then cut triangles (like pizza slices). Roll into croissant shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes.
- If you plan to freeze, let cool beforehand.
- You can also freeze the dough before baked. When ready to bake, place on a cookie sheet from the freezer and let rise until double in size.
Recipe source: Kristin Martha