*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
How to make delicious homemade Oreos the easy way!
EASY HOMEMADE OREOS
Who doesn’t love Oreos? Now you can make homemade Oreos using this easy recipe!
I’ve tried making homemade Oreos with a cake mix. Although you save a few minutes, I could never get them to turn out amazing.
But when I found this Oreo recipe, I fell in love. These homemade Oreos turn out perfect every time. Plus they are really simple to make.
These homemade Oreo cookies are soft, but not too soft. They have just the right amount of bite to them, while still tasting homemade.
You’re going to love them!
HOMEMADE OREOS INGREDIENTS
If you want to make homemade Oreos, you’ll need the following ingredients. Chances are, you will have most of the ingredients on hand! Which makes this homemade Oreo recipe even better!
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter, softenened
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- cream cheese
- almond milk or milk
- powdered sugar
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE OREOS
- Mix the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 6 minutes.
- While the Oreos are baking, mix the cream filling.
- Fill the cookies with cream. The more the merrier!
The original frosting recipe calls for shortening. I don’t like to use shortening (with exception these homemade donuts).
I use butter in this recipe, but feel free to use shortening if you prefer that.
HOMEMADE OREOS RECIPE
So what are you waiting for? If you want a simple Sunday night treat, a special after school snack or lunch box treat, or a simple holiday treat (because you could dye the frosting any holiday color!), add this homemade Oreos recipe to your recipe box!
Whether you’re Team Cream or Team Cookie, these homemade oreos are sure to tickle your taste buds!Print
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. milk (only add if filling is too thick)
- food coloring, optional
- To make the cookies, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, cream the butter on high until light, about 1 minute. Beat in the white and brown sugar until combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Turn off the mixer and add in dry ingredients. Slowly mix together the flour and butter mixtures.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into balls using 2 tsp. dough. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- To make cream filling: mix cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk together until thick. Use a frosting knife to spread the filling onto one cookie and then top with another.
- Keep in a air-tight container until ready to eat or you can keep them chilled in the fridge for a few days. Freezer friendly!
Original recipe from Sally’s Baking Addiction. I have altered it.
Save this Homemade Oreo recipe to Pinterest!