Learn how to display Christmas cards the easy way with just a few supplies. You'll be ready to hang those holiday greeting cards as soon as they start coming to your mailbox. Also, some great Christmas card tips!
HOW TO DISPLAY HOLIDAY CARDS
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas cards are starting to come in!! Going to the mailbox each day is like Christmas morning. I absolutely LOVE sending and getting Christmas cards.
But knowing the best Christmas card display holder was always an issue. Until now!
So for the past 4 years, I have hung our Christmas cards using washi tape. It was really cute and festive, but I found myself retaping the Christmas cards to the door or walls over and over throughout December. This frustrated both me and my husband, because aren't there too many other things to do in December than re-hang Christmas cards over and over?
So then I did something smart. Or so I thought. I would tape the cards with regular tape first and then add a piece of washi tape to the top to make it look really cute and festive. You have to make sure it sticks throughout the Christmas period, which is why you need the best adhesive tape for walls that is available on the internet.
But....sometimes I couldn't find the tape or the washi tape and so my Christmas cards would pile up. And what's the point of cards if you don't display them?
So this Christmas, I knew I needed a better solution.
CHRISTMAS CARD HOLDERS
I'm sharing a very easy and inexpensive Christmas card display option below, but if you don't feel like making your own Christmas card hanger, here's some great affordable options!
BUY HOLIDAY CARD HOLDER HERE:
FINALLY, A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO HANG CHRISTMAS CARDS
By buying just a few supplies, I was able to create a solution to hanging Christmas cards so fast and so easy.
Plus, this method will work year after year...so get all the supplies once and you're set for years to come!
This Christmas card holder display will work for cupboards, doors, and walls!
Tip: Display cards somewhere you'll be able to see them often. We use our kitchen pantry door so that when we are in the kitchen, we feel like we have a room full of our favorite people.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS CHRISTMAS CARD HOLDER:
- Your favorite ribbon- I use grossgrain
- Clothespins (you can get extra festive by using holiday colored ones)
- Thumb tacks
- double-sided tape, optional
- Christmas cards!
STEPS TO MAKE A PLACE TO DISPLAY CHRISTMAS CARDS:
- Decide how many pieces of ribbon you want hanging from your door.
- Take the first piece and center it on your door.
- Take one thumbtack and while the door is open, push the thumb tack through the ribbon into the door. It helps if you have a hammer so that you can pound down the thumb tack flush with the top of the door.
- Let the ribbon hang down as far as you want it to come and then cut off to your desired length.
- Repeat with all pieces of ribbon on doors or cupboards.
- You can attach a piece of tape to the bottom of your ribbon to keep the ribbon in place if you want.
- Attach the clothespins to the ribbons.
- As soon as you receive a Christmas card, you will have a place to hang it right away!
Now you have great ideas for displaying Christmas cards!