A light and creamy lemon pie that quickly became a favorite!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (or more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
For a 10-inch pie crust, make 1.5 recipes of the filling.
- Category: Desserts