*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
This lemon sour cream pie is delicious– a mix of sweet, tangy, creamy and just yummy. And did we mention super easy?
THE BEST SOUR CREAM LEMON PIE RECIPE
You will wow everyone that eats this gourmet lemon pie with sour cream.
But no one has to know that this pie is easy and quick to make!
GET READY TO FALL IN LOVE!
My sister-in-law Rachel made this lemon sour cream pie a few years ago and since then, it has showed up at every. single. pie night. Besides our Blueberry Sour Cream pie (hmmm. sensing a trend here?), it’s the most requested pie we have at our pie nights. And for good reason.
The lemon sour cream pie recipe is rather simple to make. It does take a little time at the stove (which can be tricky with little ones around), but if you make during nap time or after bed time, you can whip this pie out in no time.
It’s just that good and we all request her to make it. And when she’s not around to make it, I do. Because a pie night just isn’t complete without it.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PIE:
- The texture– a smooth, creamy one.
- The flavor– slightly tart, slightly tangy, slightly sweet.
- It’s unique- something different than the tradition apple, pumpkin, or chocolate pies that usually make a debut.
- AND it can be made in advance!
Since we switch off who we celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with every other year, I knew I needed to make one of these Lemon Sour Cream pies for my family.
I always get to indulge, so it was about time they tried this cream, not-too-sweet, lemony goodness in a baked pie crust.
You can thank my sister-in-law for sharing this recipe with me and the gal at our-everyday-art.com for originally sharing the recipe with her.
LEMON SOUR CREAM PIE RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- sugar, flour, sour cream, eggs, butter, lemons, pie crust (either homemade or store-bought)
- 9-inch pie pan
- lemon squeezer manual citrus press juicer
CAN YOU USE A PRE-MADE PIE CRUST?
Yes! If I’m really ambitious, I’ll make this homemade pie crust. But a frozen, store-bought pie crust works just as well.
Just be sure that whatever pie crust you use is already baked, since you won’t be baking this pie after you fill it with the lemony goodness.
BE SURE TO TRY THESE OTHER POPULAR PIES!
Along with these other popular pie recipes you’ll love:
Crunchy Chex Ice Cream Pie — always requested by kids!
Here’s the recipe! I know you’ll love it! Enjoy!Print
A light and creamy lemon pie that quickly became a favorite!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (or more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
For a 10-inch pie crust, make 1.5 recipes of the filling.
- Category: Desserts