This lemon sour cream pie is delicious– a mix of sweet, tangy, creamy and just yummy. And did we mention super easy?
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
THE BEST SOUR CREAM LEMON PIE RECIPE
I know, you’re here for this amazing lemon sour cream pie recipe…but indulge me for 2 seconds, ok?
One of my all-time favorite Thanksgiving traditions is our Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night. One of the great perks of getting married is getting to take on some new family traditions. And while my husband’s family doesn’t have a lot of holiday traditions, but when it comes to Thanksgiving, Pie Night on the eve of turkey day is their. I love it…. and so does everyone else. Read all the Pie Night details here.
In fact, I would venture to say that Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night is better than the turkey dinner itself. What’s not to love about getting to try a whole buffet of delectable pies?
Simple Lemon Sour Cream Pie
My sister-in-law Rachel made this lemon sour cream pie a few years ago and since then, it has showed up at every. single. pie night. Besides our Blueberry Sour Cream pie (hmmm. sensing a trend here?), it’s the most requested pie we have at our pie nights. And for good reason.
The lemon pie is rather simple to make. It does take a little time at the stove (which can be tricky with little ones around), but if you make during nap time or after bed time, you can whip this pie out in no time.
It’s just that good and we all request her to make it. And when she’s not around to make it, I do. Because a pie night just isn’t complete without it.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PIE!
- The texture– a smooth, creamy one.
- The flavor– slightly tart, slightly tangy, slightly sweet.
- It’s unique- something different than the tradition apple, pumpkin, or chocolate pies that usually make a debut.
- AND it can be made in advance!
Since we switch off who we celebrate Thanksgiving dinner with every other year, I knew I needed to make one of these Lemon Sour Cream pies for my family.
I always get to indulge, so it was about time they tried this cream, not-too-sweet, lemony goodness in a baked pie crust.
You can thank my sister-in-law for sharing this recipe with me and the gal at our-everyday-art.com for originally sharing the recipe with her.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS PIE:
- sugar, flour, sour cream, eggs, butter, lemons, pie crust
- 9-inch pie pan
- lemon squeezer manual citrus press juicer
ADD THIS RECIPE TO YOUR COLLECTION. YOU WON’T REGRET IT.
Along with these other popular pie recipes you’ll love:
Crunchy Chex Ice Cream Pie — always the kid’s favorite!Print
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon zest (or more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour, and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir on medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, and cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Beat yolks slightly. Gradually stir 1 cup of mix into yolks. Return yolk mixture to saucepan, and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook and stir 2 more minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter, peel, and juice.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour filling into baked pie shell, and cool. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Top with fresh whipped cream.
For a 10-inch pie crust, make 1.5 recipes of the filling.
- Category: Desserts