Want to create a Christ-Centered Easter? These 5 simple ideas will inspire you to have your best, most spiritual Easter yet.
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Want A Christ-Centered Easter?
It’s easy to get caught up in all the Easter activities and forget what Easter is about.
At least that’s how it was for our family until I changed something.
We became more deliberate about making Christ the focus of Easter.
Here’s 5 ways to keep Easter Christ-centered:
(Disclaimer: We aren’t perfect, but these simple changes have made a huge difference for us!)
1. Plan your Christ-Centered Activities First
I’ve learned that anything we really want needs to be placed first in our life.
And it’s no different when it comes to Easter.
If you want a Christ-centered Easter, prioritize the activities and traditions that will make Him the focus.
Once you’ve chosen what Christ-centered activities you want, you can add in all the other fun stuff.
Related: 9 Simple Family Easter Traditions
2. Celebrate Easter/Holy Week
One way we’ve kept Christ as the focus is by celebrating Easter or Holy Week. When I was growing up, at least from what I remember, was that we didn’t talk much about Christ until Easter Sunday.
But now, we spend a few minutes each day talking about what Christ did each day during His last week.
- Sunday- Christ’s Triumphal Entry
- Monday-Cleansed the Temple and healed the blind
- Thursday- Family-Friendly Last Supper Meal on a blanket!
I’ve shared all the details about our Holy Week devotionals and daily activities, including the printable signs and photos in this ebook:
3. Have the Easter Bunny Visit on Saturday
My best friend shared this idea with us years ago, so I don’t take any credit for the ideas to have the Easter Bunny visit us on Saturday.
I can’t tell you how awesome it has been to make this switch. Of course, every family is different, so do what is best for yours. But, I have loved that we can enjoy all the fun of Easter baskets and goodies on Saturday (when Christ was in heaven) and then keep Sunday focused on the Resurrection.
4. Include something spiritual in Easter Baskets
While we are on the topic of Easter baskets, another way to reinforce Christ is by placing something Christ-centered in the baskets. You could do a small picture of Him, a book about the Resurrection, or anything else that remind children of Christ.
5. Include Christ-Centered Easter decor in your home as you decorate
Lastly, using Christ-centered decorations in your home can remind your family that Christ is the main reason for celebrating Easter.
This can be done in a classy way. Do you have a felt letterboard? Or chalkboard? Put an Easter quote like: “He is Risen” or “Christ Has Won The Victory” on it. You could also display a nice photo of Christ on the mantle along with your other Easter decorations.
Want to create a more Christ-Centered Easter?
This bright and colorful Celebrate Simpler: Easter ebook will give you tons of ideas to create a meaningful (read: Christ-Centered) and memorable Easter together with the ones you love.
From Christ-centered traditions to fun family activity activities, there’s tons of meaningful and fun ideas for your family!
- Ebook available immediately after purchase- it will come straight to your inbox!
- 22 pages, ready for screen or print
- 5 Simple Ways to Keep Christ in Easter
- How to Celebrate Easter Week- A Walk Through Jesus Christ’s Last Week
- 12 Eggs of Easter- The Easter Story Egg Hunt
- How to Have a Family-Friendly Last Supper with Printable Program
- Resurrection Rolls- A Delicious Way to Teach the Resurrection
- A Unique + Colorful Easter Egg Hunt
- 6 Simply Creative Ways to Use Plastic Easter Eggs
- You’ve Been Egged- A Family Service Activity + Printable
- Printable Easter Organizer
- Easter Week Signs Downloads
- Beautiful, full-color, original images