This post may contain affiliate links. I only recommend products I use and love.
How to create a Christ-Centered Easter with these Easter activities for families.
WANT TO CREATE A CHRIST-CENTERED EASTER?
Do you want to create a more Christ-Centered Easter?
It's easy to get caught up in all the Easter activities and forget what Easter is truly about.
YES....there is room for Easter egg hunts, baskets, and coloring eggs.
But a few years ago, I realized that our Easter was not as Christ-centered as I'd like it to be.
So...we implemented a few changes and now our Easter is more spiritual and yours can be, too!
CHRIST-CENTERED EASTER TRADITIONS
I hope these Easter ideas will be helpful for you as you to create your best Easter yet.
And please know, that anything you do is better than nothing. We are not perfect, but we have felt a difference!
CHRIST-CENTERED EASTER ACTIVITIES
1. PRIORITIZE YOUR EASTER RELIGION ACTIVITIES FIRST
As with anything in life, if something is really important, we have to put it first in our life.
And it's no different when it comes to Easter traditions.
If you want a Christ-centered Easter, prioritize the activities and traditions that will make Him the focus.
Simply get out a piece of paper or use our Easter planner to decided what spiritual Easter traditions you want to include in your Easter season.
Watching Bible Videos - free short video clips from scenes of Jesus Christ's life
Once you've chosen what Christ-centered activities you want, you can add in all the other fun stuff.
2. CELEBRATE HOLY WEEK
Wondering how to celebrate Holy Week with your family?
Celebrating Easter week will create a Christ-Centered Easter is to celebrate Easter or Holy Week. By doing this, Christ will be at the forefront of your mind, as opposed to waiting until Easter Sunday.
We spend a few minutes talking about what Christ did on that day during His last week. It usually happens during breakfast.
We pull out the daily sign with the event for the day and read the Bible verses that talk about the specific event. We have found it to be a great way to keep Christ in our thoughts all day long.
Daily Devotional Topics:
- Palm Sunday- Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
- Cleansing Monday-Cleansed the temple and healed the blind
- Teaching Tuesday- Taught on the Mount of Olives
- Wednesday- The scriptures don't tell us what He did, but probably spent it with His friends or in the temple
- Passover Thursday- Had a last supper, instituted the sacrament, suffered in Gethsemane and was arrested Family-Friendly Last Supper Meal on a blanket!
- Good Friday- Crucified
- Spirit World Saturday- While His body lay in the tomb, His spirit taught and ministered in the Spirit World
- Easter Sunday- He is Risen!
DOWNLOAD THE EASTER HOLY WEEK SIGNS HERE
3. LAST SUPPER FAMILY DINNER
Having a Last Supper dinner on Maundy Thursday (as it is sometimes called) is one of our favorite religious Easter ideas!
We choose foods Christ may have eaten, eat on the floor, and follow this Last Supper program with discussion cards.
4. RESURRECTION EGGS- EASTER STORY IN EGGS
Each egg contains a symbol of part of the Easter story. Hide them for an Easter egg hunt, find them, and learn the Easter story!
Get the DIY Resurrection Eggs printables here.
5. HAVE THE EASTER BUNNY VISIT ON SATURDAY
Another thing that has made Easter more Christ-Centered is by having the Easter bunny visit on Saturday.
I can take no credit for this awesome idea, but it has been such a wonderful change!
Of course, every family is different, so do what is best for yours. But, I have loved that we can enjoy all the fun of Easter baskets and goodies on Saturday (when Christ was in heaven) and then keep Sunday focused on the Resurrection.
6. INCLUDE SOMETHING SPIRITUAL IN THE EASTER BASKETS
While we are on the topic of Easter baskets, another way to keep Christ in Easter is by placing something Christ- ntered in the baskets. You could do a small picture of Him, a book about the Resurrection, or anything else that remind children of Christ.
Christ-Centered Easter Basket Ideas:
- M&M Easter Poem
- The Tale of the Three Trees
- Small picture of Christ
- The Symbols of Easter
7. DECORATE WITH CHRIST-CENTERED EASTER DECOR
Lastly, using Christ-centered decorations in your home can remind your family that Christ is the main reason for celebrating Easter.
This can be done in a classy way. Do you have a felt letterboard? Or chalkboard? Write a quote on it to help you remember Christ. You can also get beautiful hand painted signs with Christ-centered quotes, or even paintings that you like. This can be a permanent decor piece in your home that can serve as a way to foster deep-rooted belief.
Easter Quotes & Sayings Ideas:
- He is Risen
- Christ Has Won the Victory
- I Believe in Christ, So Come What May
- No Matter How Dark Your Fridays Are, Sunday Will Come
Display Celebrating A Christ-Centered Easter book and the accompanying Easter nativity in your home.
EASTER MADE EASY!
We've made celebrating Easter easy for you! Our Easter Made Easy kit includes ALL of our best Easter resources, saving you hours!
Here's what others are saying about it:
- Ebook available immediately after purchase- it will come straight to your inbox!
- You can access all the content on your device or print out the parts you want!
- Christ-Centered Easter traditions
- How to Celebrate Holy Week- A Walk Through Jesus Christ's Last Week
- 12 Symbols of Easter- The Easter Story Egg Hunt
- How to Have a Family-Friendly Last Supper with Printable Program
- Resurrection Rolls- Recipe & Family lesson
- A Unique + Colorful Easter Egg Hunt
- Creative crafts and ways to use plastic eggs
- Family service activity ideas
- Printable Easter Organizer
- Easter Week Signs Downloads
- Beautiful, full-color, original images
Let us know what you think!