A complete list of February Holidays and simple recipes, traditions, and activities to celebrate them.
February is full of fun holidays and we aren’t just talking Valentine’s Day! If you’d like to add some extra festiveness to your life, pick a few of these fun holidays to celebrate this month!
You can click the link below the holiday for simple ways to celebrate that February holiday, including recipes, traditions, games, and more!
*This post may contain affiliate links. The cost is the same to you by, but the small percentage I may receive if you purchase through a link helps to keep this website running. Feel free to shop around!
1- 14 Days of Love Starts
- Start the 14 Days of Love– directions and printables here
2- Groundhog Day
- Celebrate with this unique groundhog day pancake tradition – from reader Heather!
- Watch Groundhog’s Day, the movie
- Read Groundhog Day
3-National Carrot Cake Day
4-National Homemade Soup Day
4-National Thank a Mail Carrier Day
- Leave a simple thank-you note or small gift for your mail carrier today
5- World Nutella Day
- Make some of these delicious looking Lava Nutella Cookies
6- National Frozen Yogurt Day
- Go out for Frozen Yogurt
7-National Fettucine Alfredo Day
8-National Kite Flying Day
- Fly a kite!
- Dance to Let’s Go Fly a Kite
9-Winter Olympics Begin!
- Have an Opening Ceremony Night!
- Make Olympic Treat Jars
9- National Pizza and Bagel Day
- Eat pizza for dinner
10- National Umbrella day
- Do you have a good umbrella? If not, buy one!
- Play in the rain!
11- National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
- Have cookies and milk. And don’t cry if the milk gets spilled.
13- National Tortellini Day
- Make this hearty and comforting Tortellini Soup
- Or for a cooler dish, try this amazing Spinach Tortellini Pasta Salad
13- Mardi Gras
- Wear Masks for dinner!
- Make Cafe du Monde’s beignets for dinner
- Watch Princess and the Frog
- Make a King Cake
17-National Random Acts of Kindness Day
- See how many random acts of kindness you can do today!
19-President’s Day (3rd Monday)
- Learn about some of the past USA presidents
21-National Sticky Bun Day
- Make yummy and SUPER easy Sticky Buns – hint: prepare them the night before and have an easy breakfast!
23-National Banana Bread Day
- Make your favorite banana bread recipe
24-National Tortilla Chip Day
- Make nachos or taco salad for dinner
25-National Clam Chowder Day
- Make clam chowder for dinner
27- National Polar Bear Day
- Do a Polar Bear Plunge – i.e.- go swimming!
28-National Tooth Fairy Day
- Read The Tooth Fairy Book– a favorite from my childhood!
29-Leap Year (every 4 years, next year: 2020)
- Eat Haribo gummy frogs
- Play the Leap Frog game