Looking for a simple & creative baby shower gift? Help a new mom and dad out with these cute New Parent Survival kits. These cute and practical Newborn Survival Kits are simple and inexpensive to put together with printable tags and tons of gift ideas to make the newborn stage a bit more survivable for new moms and dads.
HOW TO MAKE A NEW MOM SURVIVAL KIT
Alright, so you're looking for a simple, fun and creative gift for a baby shower.
Babies will get showered indeed with new clothes, toys, books, cuddly blankets, and more. (Check out our Ultimate Baby Gift Guide: what babies really need and what they don't! )
But, if you want to give something to help mom and dad with the transition to parenthood, these newborn survival kits are perfect!
Now that I've had 5 babies, I've curated a list of items to make the entire newborn phase a little bit more survivable-- because let's be honest. Isn't it all about survival those first few weeks when you're sleep deprived and exhausted?
It was for me! And your friend is no different!
Make their day with a baby shower gift just for them!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE A NEWBORN SURVIVAL KIT
To make a newborn survival kit for new parents, you'll want to put together a basket of items that will be ever so helpful for them during the newborn stage. Anyone who has been through this stage knows that while the newborn stage is so wonderful, it is exhausting, both emotionally and physically.
That's why gifting a newborn survival kit will be so appreciated!
WHAT TO PUT IN MOM'S NEWBORN SURVIVAL KIT
Mom's kit aka postpartum survival kit should include gifts that will help her survive the postpartum stage...and that entails essentials for her!
Mommy survival kit ideas- practical and helpful gifts for Mom include:
- a water bottle to help quench the never-ending thirst (this water bottle is amazing: it has a handle and keeps water cold for 12 hours!)
- quick snacks she can eat
- nursing cream (because no one tells you it hurts!)
- makeup eraser (the quickest way to wash her face with just water! love these! )
- notebook to jot down precious first memories
- Redbox or Netflix codes to watch a show when she's up late nursing
- Fun magazine to look at
- Blue Dawn dish soap to get poop stains out with
SHOP NEW MOM SURVIVAL KIT IDEAS HERE:
DAD'S NEWBORN SURVIVAL KIT IDEAS
Don't forget baby shower gifts for dad! For dad's gift basket, include items that will help him help his wife!
Most of the time, dads are willing to help out, but they don't exactly know how. So you are going to make it easy for them.
So this baby gifts for dad basket should be filled with things that will make it easier for him to know how to jump in and help!
New Dad survival kit items:
- hand sanitizer to make sure everyone keeps those germs away from the baby
- snacks to much on when he's hungry (so he doesn't need to bother his wife)
- a gift card to purchase any last minute baby or wife essentials
- Dad's Root Beer to congratulate him on becoming a dad
- Hop on Pop- dad's first book to read to his new baby
- Macaroni & Cheese so he can cook a quick dinner for himself or the other kids
- Diaper Sacks so he can take over diaper duty
- Snickers Bar- to remind him to laugh because life will settle down again
SHOP FOR DAD'S GIFTS:
The complete shopping list and gift tags for Dad are in the Newborn Survival Kit tag bundle here.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE THE NEW MOM SURVIVAL KIT
Once you've gathered all your mommy survival kit diy items, print and cut out these Newborn Survival Kit tags and attach to each item.
Each tag has a description of how that item will help them out!
Put all the gifts for new moms and dads into a large basket or bag--one for each mom and dad.
You can wrap each item separately or just put them all together in a basket.
DOWNLOAD THE EDITABLE NEWBORN SURVIVAL KIT TAGS
You can get the printable tags right here for just a few dollars. Buy once and use over and over for all any baby shower you need a gift for.
- 20 editable gift tags for Mom in 2 color options
- 20 editable gift tags for Dad in 2 color options
- If you don't like the gifts or colors, you'll also get an editable file to change!
Ready to create your own Newborn Survival Kit for Mom & Dad?
ULTIMATE BABY GIFT GUIDE
After having 5 babies, we know what babies and moms really need and what they don't.
Now you have a simple Baby Shower gift idea-- a postpartum survival kit!