This post is part of the "How We Celebrate Christmas" -- a mini series showing how other families "do" Christmas. I hope you enjoy learning from other families as much as I have!
You can read all the posts in the series by clicking here!
As always, this is not meant to stress us out or make us feel like we are doing Christmas wrong. Rather, my hope with this series is we can see that there are many RIGHT ways of celebrating. Hopefully some of these ideas will help you start your own meaningful family Christmas traditions.
Meet: Camille and the Whiting Family
1. Tell us about your family!
2. Tell us a favorite memory of Christmas past!
We are all about experiences, and one year my husband told me as much as he loves are large families he thought it would be fun to run off for a weekend to Las Vegas and return Christmas Eve. I thought that sounded a little crazy at first to miss out on all the fun, but it ended up being one of my favorite Christmas memories! We went to shows, we saw everything holiday decoration we could in Las Vegas, we enjoyed quality time driving together. It reminded me he's my greatest gift and time with husband is all I really want for Christmas.
3. How do gifts work in your home?
4. If married, do you and your spouse exchange gifts? What about sibling gifts?
5. What special Christmas Eve traditions does your family have?
7. Do you have any favorite holiday recipes that make an appearance each year?
8. Do you have any Christ-centered Christmas traditions you want to share?
9. What are some ways you have simplified Christmas to keep stress lower?
10. Any other favorite Christmas memories/ideas/tips you want to share? We love hearing how others make their season magical but not overwhelming!
You can follow Camille at FridayWereInLove.com | Instagram.com | Facebook and Pinterest for all their date ideas and plans.
Thanks so much Camille for sharing with us!
Let us know what you think!