*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Looking for a last-minute gift idea? I’ve rounded up our all-time favorite, tried-and-true items we LOVE and why we love them.
OUR FAVORITE THINGS
If you’re looking for a gift idea, here’s our family’s favorite things that we have loved and used for years now.
We are pretty minimal when it comes to stuff. So if something is on this list, you can be assured that it’s something that has been loved for yeas.
FAVORITE FAMILY GAMES
1. One Night Ultimate Werewolf – We’ve had this game for a few years now and it’s still one of our all-time favorites. It makes an appearance at nearly every family reunion or party because it’s so fun. This game is quick, great for a group, and is easy to travel with. The only danger– you’ll probably end up playing for hours once you start.
2. Bang – Some good friends introduced us to this game many years ago and it’s also a favorite. We can play with a bigger group. It’s small and easy to travel with, but provides lots of fun as you try to remain the last one standing.
3. Dominion – My husband and I love that we can play this game with just the two of us, but that it can also be played with friends. There’s a bit of strategy to it, but it’s quick moving and every time you play is different. We love it.
SHOP FAVORITE GAMES:
FAVORITE KITCHEN ITEMS
1. InstantPot – this has been a game changer for me! With 3 little ones always needing one thing or another, I love being able to cook “hands free” with this Instant Pot. Our favorite is making Steel Cut Oats… I prepare the oats at bedtime, set the timer, and then we wake up to a hot breakfast (without me having to get up early!)
2. 9×13 Baking Pan – I owned this pan for 14 years and just barely had to replace it. It’s my go-to baking pan for brownies, chocolate chip cookie bars, cakes, and casseroles. This version has a lid, which I love for keeping things fresh…and little one’s hands out.
3. Baking Sheet – I own 4 of these baking sheets and can’t speak more highly of them. I love how they cook evenly and are what I use for cookies, double batches of brownies, sheet cakes, and cinnamon rolls.
4. Meat Thermometer – I’m very picky when it comes to meat and ask my husband and he’ll tell you that I tend to overcook meat too much because I’m afraid of it not being cooked all the way. He gifted me this laser meat thermometer a few years ago and I LOVE it. I never have to guess if meat is cooked all the way through and it’s super easy to use.
5. Plastic Party Platter – I love nice serving ware, but I use this plastic party platter for picnics, potlucks, or keep it in the fridge stocked with veggies and dip. There’s a great spot for dip in the middle and I love that I don’t have to worry about it breaking!
6. White Cupcake Liners – there’s nothing fancy about these cupcake liners, but I love having a giant stash of these for muffins or cupcakes at a moment’s notice. There’s nothing worse when I go to make muffins or cupcakes and I have no liners! They are perfect for everyday use or when you want a clean, minimal look for a party that can easily be spruced up with cute toppers.
SHOP THE POST:
KID’S FAVORITE THINGS
1. Globber scooter – this is hands down my children’s MOST USED toy. They fight over it like there’s no tomorrow. We also have a Micro Mini scooter, but for the price, this Globber version can’t be beat. So far, it’s held up just as well.
2. Boogie Boards – We keep these LCD screen drawing boards in our car and church bag for a small, mess-less activity to keep our children entertained. Think of it as the latest “magna-doodle.” Occasionally, I’ll steal one to make my day’s to-do list. These were one of the few toys we took on our 2-month adventure to Australia last Winter– they were great for the plane, car rides, practicing letters and still get used a lot at our house.
3, Golme Goals – My husband invested in these compact soccer goals for a soccer camp he hosted, but they’ve become a favorite toy that are pulled out at least once a week. We love how small they fold up and they are light and easy enough for our 5 year old to pull out on his own to play with.
HUSBAND’S FAVORITE THINGS
1. This phone case– My husband’s gone through multiple phone cases over the years trying to find the best one, and this one has been his favorite. It’s inexpensive, classy looking, and has a spot for his credit cards, etc so he doesn’t have to carry a wallet as well.
2. Spinning Tie Rack – this has been a great, minimal solution to keeping my husband’s ties organized. These racks spin, making it easy to find the perfect tie.
3. Over-the-door basketball hoop for the office – This mini basketball hoop has become a great stress-relief for my IT-nerd husband when he needs a quick break from the screen. It fits over his office door and has become a favorite with co-workers as well.
SHOP FAVORITE THINGS: