*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
THE BEST BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE RECIPE
Do you need a simple pie recipe that will become a favorite, guaranteed? That’s pretty bold to say, I know!
But really, this pie is one of our all-time favorite recipes and makes an appearance at every Thanksgiving.
It’s tradition on the night before Thanksgiving to have a Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night with my husband’s family. We love this tradition so much. I mean, really, how could we not love getting together for a light dinner and then a buffet of pies?
I’m always on the lookout for a good pie recipe to make. My attempts at making a plain Jane pumpkin pie have been terrible. I’m not sure how you can mess up a simple pumpkin pie, but I have done it year after year.
So…I asked my friends on Instagram for their favorite pie recipe and Emily sent this Blueberry Sour Cream Pie recipe to me.
I tried it. I loved it. Everyone loved it. And it’s now become our favorite pie to make at Thanksgiving.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS PIE
You’ll love this pie, too for so many reasons.
- You can use a pre-made or store-bought crust if you want to simplify.
- You can make the pie in advance
- This recipe is so simple– no fancy steps and you can have the pie ready to bake in about 10 minutes!
Oh, and did I mention the yummy crumble on the top? It’s the icing on the cake, I mean pie.
OTHER AMAZING PIE RECIPES TO TRY:
HERE’S THE RECIPE!Print
A delicious creamy pie made with blueberries. Our all-time favorite!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- Mix sugar and flour together in bowl. Then beat in sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt together until smooth. (about 5 minutes)
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Then combine 3 Tbsp. flour, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter and 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans together. Sprinkle on top of pie after it has baked for 25 minutes.
- Return the pie to oven and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Chill before serving.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pie, blueberry pie, thanksgiving pie