THE BEST BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE RECIPE
Do you need a simple pie recipe that will become a favorite, guaranteed? That’s pretty bold to say, I know!
But really, this blueberry sour cream pie is our all-time favorite pie (a close second is this Lemon Sour Cream Pie).
Not only does this pie make annual appearance for our traditional Thanksgiving Eve Pie Night with my husband’s family, but it also shows up for Pie Day.
And when we need a quick but fancy dessert.
I asked my friends for their favorite pie recipes and Emily sent this Blueberry Sour Cream Pie recipe to me.
I tried it. I loved it. Everyone loved it.
And if I had to eat one pie for the rest of my life, this would be it.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE
You’ll love this pie, too for so many reasons.
- You can use a pre-made or store-bought crust if you want to simplify.
- You can make the pie in advance
- This recipe is so simple– no fancy steps and you can have the pie ready to bake in about 10 minutes!
Oh, and did I mention the yummy crumble on the top? It’s the icing on the cake, I mean pie.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM PIE
Like I said, this pie is so easy to make, especially if you use an already-made pie crust. But if you prefer the from-scratch route, that’s fine, too!
Once your pie crust is prepared and placed in a 9-inch pie pan, mix the sour cream blueberry pie filling ingredients together.
It will only take you about 5 minutes. Then toss in frozen blueberries.
Gently pour into the pie dish, pop in the oven for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the crumble topping. (And if you’re like me and forget to get pecans, it works fine without.)
Spread the crumb topping over the blueberry pie and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
And that’s it! You’ll have a homemade sour cream blueberry pie that everyone will love!
OTHER AMAZING PIE RECIPES TO TRY:
HERE’S THE RECIPE!Print
A delicious creamy pie made with blueberries and a yummy crumble topping. Our all-time favorite!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 ½ cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans (about ⅓ cup)
- Mix sugar and flour together in bowl. Then beat in sour cream, egg, vanilla, and salt together until smooth. (about 5 minutes)
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While that is baking, combine 3 Tbsp. flour, 2 Tbsp. sugar, 1 ½ Tbsp. butter and 3 Tbsp. chopped pecans together. Sprinkle on top of pie after it has baked for 25 minutes.
- Return the pie to oven and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool. And then chill until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.
You can make this pie a few days early since it is best eaten chilled.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: pie, blueberry pie, thanksgiving pie