Soft sugar cookies perfect for holiday-shaped cookies. The dough can be made in advance and cookies can be frozen prior to decorating.
- 1 lb. margarine (don’t use butter!)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream eggs, butter, and sugar first.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Refrigerate dough for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll the dough on a powder-sugared surface and cut into holiday shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes or longer if you want them crispier.
- Frost the cookies once cool or freeze them until ready to decorate. When freezing, place a piece of wax paper between each layer so that the cookies don’t stick to each other. Let thaw for a few hours and then frost and decorate.
I don’t usually use margarine for cooking, but in this case, I promise that margarine will make the cookies turn out better.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: sugar cookies, Halloween