*This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Halloween cookie decorating kits plus a fail-proof Halloween sugar cookie recipe that’s perfect for Halloween cookie decorating.
HALLOWEEN COOKIE DECORATING KITS
Decorating Halloween cookies is a fun activity for parties! Not only is it simple, but you just need to provide the cookie decorating kit and everyone else does the rest! I share an easy Halloween sugar cookie recipe below, but if you don’t have the time, order one of these cute Halloween Cookie Decorating Kits:
EASY HALLOWEEN COOKIES
This is the best sugar cookie recipe for decorating! So if you want to decorate Halloween cookies, look no further.
But come Halloween time or any time for that matter, I
A family that decorates cookies together stays together. 😉
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
- The dough requires only normal ingredients you’ll have in your pantry.
- The recipe calls for margarine. (I usually avoid using margarine at all cost, but in this case, the margarine actually makes the cookies better.) So go ahead and use it. And save some $ in the process.
- You can make the dough in advance and keep it chilled until you have time to roll and cut the cookies out into these festive Halloween cookie cutters.
- Once the cookies are baked, you can freeze them up to a week long until you are ready to frost and decorate.
HALLOWEEN COOKIE RECIPES
Decorating Halloween cookies is such a fun activity for a classroom party or family activity.
Create a Halloween cookie decorating kit for each person by placing a cookie (or 2), small bowl of frosting, plastic knife, and Halloween candy on a small tray or paper plate.
This will ensure that no one will lick their knife and put it back in the frosting for everyone. Gross.
if you are just decorating cookies with your own family, place all the cookie toppings and frosting into bowls and share.
HALLOWEEN SUGAR COOKIE TOPPINGS:
- candy corn
- Halloween colored sprinkles
- Fall M&Ms
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Homemade buttercream frosting — recipe below!
Tip: Place colored frosting in a few different bowls around the table so everyone isn’t waiting on the same color. Also, use plastic knives for easy cleanup.
SHOP THE SUPPLIES
HALLOWEEN COOKIE FROSTING
Ok, so there is no shame in buying frosting.
If you want your Halloween party cookies to be AMAZING, please make your own frosting!
This simple Halloween sugar cookies frosting recipe will only take a few minutes to make. And you can keep it stored in the fridge for a few weeks. It’s so good!Print
Amazing and simple buttercream frosting great for decorating cookies with.
You can make this frosting ahead of time and keep in the fridge until ready to decorate.
HALLOWEEN SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE
Enjoy this Halloween cookies recipe!Print
Soft sugar cookies perfect for holiday-shaped cookies. The dough can be made in advance and cookies can be frozen prior to decorating.
- 1 lb. margarine (don’t use butter!)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Cream eggs, butter, and sugar first.
- Add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Refrigerate dough for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll the dough on a powder-sugared surface and cut into holiday shapes.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes or longer if you want them crispier.
- Frost the cookies once cool or freeze them until ready to decorate. When freezing, place a piece of wax paper between each layer so that the cookies don’t stick to each other. Let thaw for a few hours and then frost and decorate.
I don’t usually use margarine for cooking, but in this case, I promise that margarine will make the cookies turn out better.
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: sugar cookies, Halloween