This amazing Sugar Cookie recipe is a winner for your next Halloween party. The recipe is simple to make and can be made in advance. Halloween sugar cookies just got a whole lot easier!
*This post may contain affiliate links. For more info, check out our Privacy & Disclosure Policy.
Decorating Halloween Sugar Cookies- A Fun Family Tradition
Are you looking to start a new family tradition this Halloween? Or need a festive treat for a Halloween party?
How about making….
Halloween Sugar Cookies!
I know, I know. Making Halloween sugar cookies can be a lot of work. You’ve got to make the dough. Then roll the dough out. Then cut into festive shapes. Then bake. Then repeat. But…
What if you could simplify the sugar cookie making process?
And that’s where this Sugar Cookie recipe comes into play!
A family that decorates cookies together stays together. 😉
What’s Great about this Halloween Sugar Cookie Recipe
- The dough only requires normal ingredients you most likely have at home.
- The recipe calls for margarine, which I avoid using margarine at all cost, but in this case, the margarine actually makes the cookies better. So go ahead and use it. And save some $ in the process.
- You can make the dough in advance and keep it chilled until you have time to roll the cookies out into fun Halloween shapes.
- Once you have baked the cookies, you can freeze them up to a week early so until you are ready to frost and decorate.
Fun Halloween Cookie Toppings
Once you’ve baked your Halloween cookies, it’s time to decorate! Decorating sugar cookies can be a fun activity for a family night or Halloween party. Simply lay out your favorite cookie toppings and frosting and let everyone create their masterpiece!
Some of our favorite toppings include-
- candy corn
- Halloween colored sprinkles
- Fall M&Ms
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
- Homemade buttercream frosting — recipe below!
Tips : Place colored frosting in a few different bowls around the table so everyone isn’t waiting on the same color. Also, Use plastic knives for easy cleanup.
And here’s those recipes I promised! Have fun decorating Halloween cookies!
Homemade Buttercream Frosting