Take your hot dogs up a notch with this amazing hot dog special sauce!
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. mustard (prepared, not powdered)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Once it is cool, pour into a condiment bottle and serve. You can also store it in the fridge. (Double the recipe to make a full bottle’s worth.)
- To make the best hot dog, add pickles, chopped onions, and this special sauce over your hot dog. Eat and enjoy!
The sauce stays good in the fridge for a few months, so you can easily make a big batch for all summer!
- Category: Sauce
Keywords: Hot dogs, special sauce, J Dawgs Copycat