The best hot dog recipe you will ever make. Once you eat hot dogs like this, there’s no turning back! Perfect for camping trips or backyard BBQs!
MEET THE BEST HOT DOG RECIPE
Since you’re reading this post, you are here to learn about the best hot dog recipe in the history of forever. Seriously, everyone loves these hot dogs including adults and kids…and even those who don’t normally like hot dogs. (Trust me on this one. I didn’t eat a hot dog for 21 years of my life, but these amazing hot dogs are hard to turn down!)
Now you can make the best hot dogs ever…this is a quick easy hot dog recipe you need to know about!
3 KEY INGREDIENTS OF THE BEST HOT DOG RECIPE
1. ALL-BEEF HOT DOGS
The first step to the best hot dog is to have a good quality hot dog. No special sauces, condiments or toppings can make a cheap hot dog made of a mix of beef/pork/chicken taste good. Trust me. The Costco hot dog recipe has an all-beef hot dog, and so must you!
I know the price is hard to beat, but trust me on this one. Splurge and buy an all-beef hot dog.
Tip: Costco sells a package of 30 all-beef hot dogs for around $10. That’s a good way to go! They freeze well so you can be stocked for awhile.
What are the best hot dogs? The best hot dog brands in the store include:
- Costco hot dogs Kirkland 100% beef hot dogs or Polish dogs with more flavor!
- Hebrew Nationals
2. CROSS CUT HOT DOGS WITH A SLOT DOG CUTTER
Now that you’ve got all-beef hot dogs, you are ready to cut them. Cut them? Yes. This extra step only takes a few minutes and makes all the difference. You can’t have the best hot dog without this step.
Cutting hot dogs with a Slot Dog hot dog cutter will make a criss-cross pattern makes the insides of the hot dog get cooked through and become caramelized in a way. Plus, this added texture prevents the dogs from ever being mushy. Can’t you just hear those sizzling on the grill?
I used to hand-cut hot dogs, until I discovered the SLOT DOG Hot Dog Slicing Tool. With this handy dandy tool, all of your hot dogs can be cut in a matter of minutes. You will have gourmet criss cross cut hot dogs in just a few seconds.
This is for sure the best way to cook hot dogs.
BUY YOUR SLOT DOG FROM AMAZON HERE:
3. HOT DOG SPECIAL SAUCE
The final ingredient to the best hot dog recipe ever is hot dog special sauce. This hot dog sauce is a mixture of ketchup, mustard, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar and lemon juice. Put all the ingredients in a small sauce pan and boil for just a few minutes. This is the icing on the cake, I mean hot dog. Seriously, amazing sauce!
Pour the hot dog special sauce into a condiment bottle to eat right away or keep in the refrigerator for a few months.
If you’re wondering how to make cheap hot dogs taste good, the sauce and toppings are the key ingredient.
When you are ready to eat, simply drizzle this special sauce over your cooked hot dog for a unique flavor. No additional ketchup or mustard required! However, I highly recommend adding dill pickles and chopped onions! Really, this hot dog sauce recipe is a game changer.
See how easy it is to make the best hot dog recipe? The cutting takes just a few minutes and the best hot dogs sauce can be made in advance, so you are ready for a spontaneous BBQ at a moment’s notice.
RECAP OF THE BEST HOT DOG RECIPE
- Buy all-beef or Polish dogs. If you want to enjoy a hot dog, get the good stuff. (Costco hotdogs are inexpensive and freeze well.)
- Chop up onions and slice dill pickles.
- Make a big batch of Hot Dog Special Sauce (recipe below.) You can store it in a condiment bottle like this one or pick one up at a kitchen supply store.
- Cut the hot dogs in a criss-cross pattern using the Slot Dog Hot Dog slicing tool.
- Grill or cook over a campfire.
- Once your hot dog is cooked, top with onions, pickles, and the hot dog special sauce.
- Eat the best hot dog of your life!!
OTHER SUMMER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE:
Enjoy the best tasting hot dogs!Print
Make the best hot dogs of your life– a JDawg’s copycat recipe that everyone loves, including kids and adults!
FOR HOT DOGS:
- All-beef hot dogs
- Hot dog buns
- sliced dill pickles
- diced onions
- special sauce
HOT DOG SPECIAL SAUCE:
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. mustard (prepared, not powdered)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- To make the special sauce, mix all ingredients into a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Be sure to stir frequently.
- Once it is cool, pour into a condiment bottle and serve. You can also store it in the fridge. (Double the recipe to make a full condiment bottle’s worth.)
- To make the best hot dog, add pickles, chopped onions, and this special sauce over your hot dog. Eat and enjoy!
The sauce stays good in the fridge for a few months, so you can easily make a big batch for all summer long!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
Keywords: Hot dogs, special sauce, J Dawgs Copycat