Super Quick Star-Spangled Fruit Skewers for the 4th of July
These simple Star-Spangled Fruit Skewers are a simple treat or snack for your Fourth of July festivities.
Oh say can you see…. Let’s talk about the Star-Spangled Banner, I mean Skewers today! If you’re looking for a healthy, festive, simple treat for your 4th of July festivities, look no further! With just a few ingredients, you can whip a tray of these Star-Spangled Skewers out in no time!
Let’s zoom in on all this festiveness on a stick. Can we get fireworks for this?
(Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, but I only recommend products I use and love. I provide the link to make it simpler for you. The cost is the same to you, but by purchasing through my link, I am able to keep the simple ideas coming!)
What You Need to Make Fourth of July Star-Spangled Skewers:
- watermelon (preferably seedlesss)
- wooden skewer sticks (I love the ones from Dollar Tree)
- mini star cookie cutter (similar ones here and here)
How to make these festive fruit skewers:
1. Slice the watermelon into 1″ slices.
2. Use the star cookie cutter to cut watermelon into star shapes from the slices. Continue until you have plenty of stars.
3. Grab a skewer. Poke the skewer through the bottom of the star all the way through the top and slide down about 2/3 way down. Add 2 blueberries. Repeat.