Throwing an ice cream sundae party? You’ll love these fun and festive ideas for ice cream party decorations, invitations, and more!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerSundaes #CollectiveBias
Celebrate Summer Solstice with an Ice Cream Sundae Shindig!
I Scream! You Scream! We all scream for Ice Cream! We are the Sunday family and we love Sundaes! Ice Cream Sundaes are one of our favorite desserts to serve at a party!
We created a Halloween-themed Ice Cream Sundae Bar and 4th of July Ice Cream Bar), because they are so simple and every guest can create a sundae just the way they like it. They take minimal effort on your part, which means you can have more time to party!
When is Summer Solstice?
Summer Solstice is the longest day of the year. This year, it’s on June 20th. So let’s celebrate the longest day to be outside in daylight with a Summer Solstice Ice Cream Sundae Shindig! Gather your friends or family for an Ice Cream Sundae Shindig they won’t soon forget!
Free Party Invitations
First, you’ll need some invitations. Invite your guests to your Summer Solstice shindig with this fun, bright printable invite!
I’ve created 2 versions: one for Summer Solstice…
And the other for an Ice Cream Sundae Summer Shindig…
Summer Solstice Decorations
Next, how about the decorations? Here at So Festive! we are all about simple decorations that will make a big statement. A little decor can add just the right amount of pizzazz to your party that will make it feel a little extra special. You can create these cute decorations in just a few minutes.
Giant Ice Cream Garland
What you’ll need:
- party hats
- bakers twine or string
- Blow up the balloon to a medium size and tie it off.
- Place the knot inside the upside-down party hat.
- Take the string of the party hat and pull it over the top of the balloon.
- Place a piece of tape on top of the balloon, securing the party hat string in place.
Mini Ice Cream Garland
What you’ll need:
- yellow bakers twine or string
- ice cream printables found here
- mini clothespins
- Print the ice cream cone decor and cut out the circles.
- Attach twine to the front of your party table.
- Secure ice cream circles with clothespins to the garland.
A Unique Twist on Sundaes
So here’s the scoop. You can twist things up a bit and make adorable mini ice cream hot fudge sundae trifles. We’ve always been huge fans of BlueBunny® ice cream, so we were excited to try out a new flavor: Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™. Since there are cones already in the ice cream, no need for a cone!
What you’ll need:
- Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping
- other favorite ice cream sundae toppings like nuts, cookies, candy, bananas, mini PB cups, etc.
- clear cups
You can get more #SummerSundaes inspiration here !
Here’s how to make the Ice Cream Sundae Trifles
There’s no right or wrong way, but we suggest laying ice cream, then mix-ins, then ice cream, then top with cream and hot fudge!
Keep your Ice Cream Sundae Summer Shindig simple and stress-free with these tips:
- Purchase all ingredients a week before your event. You can shop for the Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™, Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping, Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping and all the other mix-ins at your nearest Walmart.
- Make and set up the decorations as early as possible.
- Use clear plastic cups to serve your toppings and trifles. They will make for easy clean-up! And you won’t have to worry about little ones breaking them.
Summer Solstice Ice Cream Sundae Shopping List
Here’s a party checklist to help you stay organized! Download the PDF here. Just making things simple for you. 😉